Cell Sheets of Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Effectively Stimulate Healing of Deep Soft Tissue Defects
- 6 Downloads
We used rat model of splinted defect of the skin and soft tissues to compare the efficiency f mesenchymal stromal cells applied in sheets or in suspension for the treatment of these injuries. Transplantation of mesenchymal stromal cells significantly accelerated wound healing in comparison with the control. In the group treated by application of mesenchymal stromal cell sheets, the defect was closed by day 28, in the group treated with cell suspension by day 35, and in the control group after 49 days. According to histological analysis of the tissue samples, the formation of the granulation tissue and fibrosis occurred earlier after application of mesenchymal stromal cells. Application of mesenchymal stromal cells in the form of cell sheets demonstrated high efficiency, which allowed us to consider this approach as a promising method of healing of skin and soft tissue injuries.
Key Wordscell sheet mesenchymal stromal cells skin wounds wound healing fibrosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dergilev K, Tsokolaeva Z, Makarevich P, Beloglazova I, Zubkova E, Boldyreva M, Ratner E, Dyikanov D, Menshikov M, Ovchinnikov A, Ageev F, Parfyonova Y. c-Kit cardiac progenitor cell based cell sheet improves vascularization and attenuates cardiac remodeling following myocardial infarction in rats. Biomed. Res. Int. 2018;2018. ID 3536854. doi: https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/3536854.
- 3.Dergilev KV, Makarevich PI, Tsokolaeva ZI, Boldyreva MA, Beloglazova IB, Zubkova ES, Menshikov MY, Parfyonova YV. Comparison of cardiac stem cell sheets detached by Versene solution and from thermoresponsive dishes reveals similar properties of constructs. Tissue Cell. 2017;49(1):64-71.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Dominici M, Le Blanc K, Mueller I, Slaper-Cortenbach I, Marini F, Krause D, Deans R, Keating A, Prockop Dj, Horwitz E. Minimal criteria for defining multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells. The International Society for Cellular Therapy position statement. Cytotherapy. 2006;8(4):315-317.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Kalinina N, Kharlampieva D, Loguinova M, Butenko I, Pobeguts O, Efimenko A, Ageeva L, Sharonov G, Ischenko D, Alekseev D, Grigorieva O, Sysoeva V, Rubina K, Lazarev V, Govorun V. Characterization of secretomes provides evidence for adiposederived mesenchymal stromal cells subtypes. Stem Cell Res. Ther. 2015;6. ID 221. doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13287-015-0209-8.
- 7.Makarevich PI, Boldyreva MA, Gluhanyuk EV, Efimenko AY, Dergilev KV, Shevchenko EK, Sharonov GV, Gallinger JO, Rodina PA, Sarkisyan SS, Hu YC, Parfyonova YV. Enhanced angiogenesis in ischemic skeletal muscle after transplantation of cell sheets from baculovirus-transduced adipose-derived stromal cells expressing VEGF165. Stem Cell Res. Ther. 2015;6. ID 204. doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13287-015-0199-6.