Quantitative and Qualitative Characterization of Phagocytic Activity of Macrophages of Bone Marrow and Fetal Origin
- 6 Downloads
We compared phagocytic activity of macrophages of monocyte origin and Kupffer cells under the influence of M1 and M2 inducers and without activation. Cultures of monocyte-derived macrophages and Kupffer cells were characterized by intensive expression of CD68 that was not affected by activation factors. At the same time, these cultures demonstrated different dynamics of phagocytic activity. Monocyte-derived macrophages initially had more pronounced absorption capacity that gradually increased during the experiment. Kupffer cells were characterized by abrupt fluctuations of phagocytic activity: sharp growth and rapid saturation. Despite these differences, the endosomes produced by monocyte-derived macrophages and Kupffer cells had similar degrees of maturity.
Key Wordsmacrophages Kupffer cells monocytes phagocytosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Beattie L, Sawtell A, Mann J, Frame TCM, Teal B, de Labastida Rivera F, Brown N, Walwyn-Brown K, Moore JWJ, MacDonald S, Lim EK, Dalton JE, Engwerda CR, MacDonald KP, Kaye PM. Bone marrow-derived and resident liver macrophages display unique transcriptomic signatures but similar biological functions. J. Hepatol. 2016;65(4):758-768.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Elchaninov AV, Fatkhudinov TK, Usman NY, Kananykhina EY, Arutyunyan IV, Makarov AV, Lokhonina AV, Eremina IZ, Surovtsev VV, Goldshtein DV, Bolshakova GB, Glinkina VV, Sukhikh GT. Dynamics of macrophage populations of the liver after subtotal hepatectomy in rats. BMC Immunol. 2018;19(1). ID 23. doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12865-018-0260-1.
- 6.Holness CL, da Silva RP, Fawcett J, Gordon S, Simmons DL. Macrosialin, a mouse macrophage-restricted glycoprotein, is a memberof the lamp/lgp family. J. Biol. Chem. 1993; 268(13):9661-9666.Google Scholar
- 7.Holness CL, Simmons DL. Molecular cloning of CD68, a humanmacrophage marker related to lysosomal glycoproteins. Blood. 1993;81(6):1607-1613.Google Scholar
- 11.Saito N, Pulford KA, Breton-Gorius J, Massé JM, Mason DY, Cramer EM. Ultrastructural localization of the CD68 macrophage-associated antigen in human blood neutrophils and monocytes. Am. J. Pathol. 1991;139(5):1053-1059.Google Scholar
- 12.van Furth R, Cohn ZA, Hirsch JG, Humphrey JH, Spector WG, Langevoort HL. The mononuclear phagocyte system: a new classification of macrophages, monocytes, and their precursor cells. Bull. World Health Organ. 1972;46(6):845-852.Google Scholar