Infradian Rhythms of Resistance to a Dissociative Anesthetic in Wistar Male Rats under Normal Conditions and After Surgical Removal of the Adrenal Glands and Testes
- 10 Downloads
Daily dynamics of changes in the latency of a response to dissociative anesthetic tiletamine (time from injection to ataxia) was studied in mature Wistar rats. Both intramuscular and intravenous administration of the anesthetic was associated with 4-day oscillations of the latent period synchronous with the dynamics of changes in the concentration of glucocorticoid hormones. The period and phases of the infradian rhythm of resistance to the anesthetic remained unchanged after removal of both adrenal glands and testes and administration of corticosterone synthesis blocker trilostane diminishing the 4-day cycle of changes in corticosterone level. Therefore, hormones of the adrenal glands and testes do not play the key role in the mechanisms of formation of the 4-day infradian rhythm.
Key Wordsinfradian rhythm adrenalectomy latent period anesthetic rats
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vladimirskii BM, Narmanskii VYa, Temyr’yants NA. Global rhythmicity of the solar system in the earth habitat. Biofizika. 1995;40(4):749-754. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Diatroptov ME, Diatroptova MA, Makarova OV. Infradian rhythms of morphofunctional changes in the spleen of male Wistar rats. Immunologiya. 2013;34(4):185-188. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Martynyuk VS, Temyr’yants NA. Magnetic fields of extremely low frequency as a factor of modulation and synchronization of infradian biorhythms in animals. Geofiz. Protsessy Biosfera. 2009;8(1):36-50. Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.Shabatura NN. The mechanism of infradian biological rhythms. Uspekhi Fiziol. Nauk. 1989;20(3):86-103. Russian.Google Scholar
- 7.Glucocorticoid Signaling. Wang JC, Harris C, eds. New York, 2015.Google Scholar
- 8.Halberg F, Cornélissen G, Wang Z, Wan C, Ulmer W, Katinas G, Singh R, Singh RK, Singh RK, Gupta BD, Singh RB, Kumar A, Kanabrocki E, Sothern RB, Rao G, Bhatt ML, Srivastava M, Rai G, Singh S, Pati AK, Nath P, Halberg F, Halberg J, Schwartzkopff O, Bakken E, Governor Shri Vishnu Kant Shastri. Chronomics: circadian and circaseptan timing of radiotherapy, drugs, calories, perhaps nutriceuticals and beyond. J. Exp. Ther. Oncol. 2003;3(5):223-260.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Michita A, Yamauchi N, Kishino M, Takehana K, Hirosawa J, Oda M, Sato T. A possible circadian rhythm of susceptibility to thiamylal. Masui. 1989;38(4):469-474.Google Scholar