Comparative Role of Matrixins in Diagnostics of Parotid Gland Tumors
- 3 Downloads
The benign and malignant neoplasms in parotid gland have similar clinical presentations despite different tumor growth rates. The study compared the clinical and morphological data as well as the results of ELISA for MMP-2, MMP-8, MMP-9, TIMP-1, and TIMP-2 in salivary fluid yielded during primary examination of the patients with pleomorphic adenoma and adenocarcinoma of parotid gland. The examined biomarkers detected in salivary fluid in patients with various cancer types differed significantly (p≤0.05). The correlations between clinical identification of adenoma or adenocarcinoma, on the one hand, and the levels of MMP-8, TIMP-1, and TIMP-2, on the other hand, makes it possible to use the latter as biomarkers for early detection and comprehensive noninvasive differential diagnostics of these neoplasms.
Key Wordsparotid gland saliva neoplasm adenoma adenocarcinoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aliev G, Priyadarshini M, Reddy VP, Grieg NH, Kaminsky Y, Cacabelos R, Ashraf GM, Jabir NR, Kamal MA, Nikolenko VN, Zamyatnin AA Jr, Benberin VV, Bachurin SO. Oxidative stress mediated mitochondrial and vascular lesions as markers in the pathogenesis of alzheimer disease. Curr. Med. Chem. 2014;21(19):2208-2217.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Bradley P. General epidemiology and statistics in a defined UK population. Controversies in the Management of Salivary Gland Disease. McGurk M, Renehan A, eds. Oxford, 2001. P. 3-23.Google Scholar
- 4.Comis R. The ECOG Performance Status s in the public domain therefore available for public use. Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. 2013. URL: http://ecog-acrin.org/resources/ecog-performance-status.
- 5.Couch Y, Trofimov A, Markova N, Nikolenko V, Steinbusch HW, Chekhonin V, Schroeter C, Lesch KP, Anthony DC, Strekalova T. Low-dose lipopolysaccharide (LPS) inhibits aggressive and augments depressive behaviours in a chronic mild stress model in mice. J. Neuroinflammation. 2016;13(1):108. doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12974-016-0572-0. CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Golovastova MO, Tsoy LV, Bocharnikova AV, Korolev DO, Gancharova OS, Alekseeva EA, Kuznetsova EB, Savvateeva LV, Skorikova EE, Strelnikov VV, Varshavsky VA, Vinarov AZ, Nikolenko VN, Glybochko PV, Zernii EY, Zamyatnin AA Jr, Bazhin AV, Philippov PP. The cancer-retina antigen recoverin as a potential biomarker for renal tumors. Tumor Biol. 2016;37(7):9899-9907.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Pitiyage GN, Lim KP, Gemenitzidis E, Teh MT, Waseem A, Prime SS, Tilakaratne WM, Fortune F, Parkinson EK. Increased secretion of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases 1 and 2 (TIMPs -1 and -2) in fibroblasts are early indicators of oral sub-mucous fibrosis and ageing. J. Oral Pathol. Med. 2012;41(6):454-462.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.TNM Atlas: Illustrated Guide to the TNM Classification of Malignant Tumours. Wittekind Ch, Asamura H, Sobin LH, eds. Blackwell, 2014.Google Scholar