Pulmonary Microcirculation in Experimental Model of Pulmonary Thromboembolism under Conditions of α-Adrenoceptor Blockade
- 2 Downloads
Changes in the pulmonary microcirculation in isolated perfused rabbit lungs during modeling of pulmonary thromboembolism were studied in control animals and against the background of α-adrenoceptors blockade with phentolamine. Intravenous injection of emboli to control animals was followed by an increase in pressure in the pulmonary artery, mean capillary hydrostatic pressure, capillary filtration coefficient, pulmonary vascular resistance, as well as precapillary and postcapillary resistances. Against the background of α-adrenoceptor blockade, the increase in most parameters was less pronounced than in control animals, while capillary filtration coefficient increased more drastically. Thus, adrenergic mechanisms are involved in the constrictor reactions of both arterial and venous pulmonary vessels under conditions of pulmonary thromboembolism.
Key Wordspulmonary thromboembolism isolated lungs capillary filtration coefficient pulmonary veins α-adrenoceptors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Evlakhov VI, Poyassov IZ, Shaidakov EV. The pulmonary hemodynamics following experimental pulmonary thromboembolism and after blockade of the alpha-adrenoceptors. Ross. Fiziol. Zh. 2016;102(7):815-824. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Evlakhov VI, Poyassov IZ, Shaidakov EV. The role of the venous vessels reactions in the pulmonary hemodynamics changes following experimental pulmonary thromboembolism. Ross. Fiziol. Zh. 2017;103(7):778-788. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Görnemann T, von Wenckstern H, Kleuser B, Villalón CM, Centurión D, Jähnichen S, Pertz HH. Characterization of the postjunctional alpha 2C-adrenoceptor mediating vasoconstriction to UK14304 in porcine pulmonary veins. Br. J. Pharmacol. 2007;151(2):186-194.Google Scholar
- 7.Jujo T, Sakao S, Ishibashi-Ueda H, Ishida K, Naito A, Sugiura T, Shigeta A, Tanabe N, Masuda M, Tatsumi K. Evaluation of the microcirculation in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension patients: the impact of pulmonary arterial remodeling on postoperative and follow-up pulmonary arterial pressure and vascular resistance. PLoS One. 2015;10(8):e0133167. doi: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0133167.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Ketabchi F, Karimi Z, S Moosavi SM. Sustained hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction in the isolated perfused rat lung: effect of α1-adrenergic receptor agonist. Iran J. Med. Sci. 2014;39(3):275-281.Google Scholar