Experimental Evaluation of Velocity Constants for Ozone Interaction with Individual Fatty Acids
The kinetics of ozone interaction with 14 saturated and unsaturated fatty acids with different molecular structures was studied and velocity constants of these reactions were measured. The relationships between the measured constants and some parameters of fatty acid (length of the aliphatic chain, number of double bonds, location of the double bonds, and its configuration) were detected. The highest velocity constant is recorded for monounsaturated oleic fatty acid: 2.58×105 (M×sec)—1. Other studied fatty acids had 1.5-5-lower constants depending on their molecular structures.
Key Wordsozone fatty acids double bonds
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Balljuzek FV, Achba ZI, Chelibanov VP. Ozon in Medicine. St. Petersburg, 2005. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Belan BD. Ozone in the Troposphere. Tomsk, 2010. Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.Doerffel K. Statistik in der analytischen Chemie. Moscow, 1994. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Kotel’nikov SN. The main mechanisms of the interaction of ozone with living systems and problems of ground-level ozone. Proceedings of the A. M. Prokhorov Institute of General Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences. 2015. Vol. 71. P. 10-41. Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.Razumovskii SD, Zaikov GE. Ozone and Its Reactions with Organic Compounds. Moscow, 1974. P. 78-81. Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.Roshchina VV. Ozone and Living Cell. Pushchino, 2009. Russian.Google Scholar
- 8.Titov VN, Lisitsyn DM. Fatty Acids. Physical Chemistry, Biology, Medicine. Moscow; Tver, 2006. Russian.Google Scholar
- 9.Titov VN, Sajina NN, Evteeva NM, Aripovskii AV, Tkhagalijokova EM. The titration of double bonds in fatty acids of blood plasma in patients in testing of glucose tolerance. Klin. Lab. Diagnost. 2015;60(1):12-15. Russian.Google Scholar
- 13.Razumovskii SD, Rakovskii SK, Shopov DM, Zaikov GE. Ozon and Its Reactions with Organic Compounds. Sofia, 1983.Google Scholar
- 14.Roshchina VV, Roshchina VD. Ozone and Plant Cell. Dordrecht, 2003.Google Scholar