Antimetastatic Effect of Liposomal Recombinant Lactaptin
Antimetastatic effect of the liposomal form of recombinant lactaptin RL2 (a proteolytic fragment of human breast milk κ-casein; 8.6 kDa) was studied in A/Sn mice after intravenous transplantation of GA-1 tumor with high rate of liver metastases. Tumor growth in the liver was found in all mice. In animals dying early, the tumors were presented by multiple nodes of about the same size; in mice dying later, the tumors in the liver were presented by just few large nodes formed by cells that survived chemotherapy. A single intravenous injection of RL2 lactaptin in liposomes prolonged lifespan of animals with liver metastases of GA-1 tumor by 1.5 times in comparison with that in untreated animals.
Key WordsA/Sn mice GA-1 transplantable tumor metastases lactaptin liposomes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Budker VG, Vakhrusheva TE, Kiseleva EV, Khristolyubova NB. Preparation of liposomes with Preparation of liposome-encapsulated drugs. Khin.-Farm. Zh. 1987;21(3):347-352. Russian.Google Scholar
- 2.Gantsev ShKh, Ishmuratova RSh, Atnabayev RD. Classification of metastatic liver invilvement. Sib. Onkol. Zh. 2008; (5):46-49. Russian.Google Scholar
- 4.Gafton GI, Senchik KYu, Petrov VG, Semiglazov VV, Tatyanicheva NV, Bespalov VG, Semiletova YuV, Gafton IG, Zinoviev GV, Kireeva GS. Melphalan pharmacokinetics during isolated limb regional perfusion in patients with skin melanoma and soft tissue sarcoma. Vopr. Onkol. 2015;61(6):932-936. Russian.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 5.Gruntenko EV, Nikolin VP, Matienko NA, Kaledin VI, Vakhrusheva TE, Budker VG. Liposomes as carriers of antitumor drugs in liver neiplasms Dokl. Akad. Nauk USSR. 1982;265(1):225-228. Russian.Google Scholar
- 8.Cancerogenesis. Zaridze DG, ed. Moscow, 2004. Russian.Google Scholar
- 9.Popova NA, Kaledin VI, Nikolin VP, Bogdanova LA, Morozkova TS, Tornuev YV. Different Efficiency of Liposomal Forms with Hydrophilic and Hydrophobic Antitumor Agents in Relation to Solid Transplants of Mouse Tumor and Its Metastases in the Liver. Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 2016;161(6):811-815.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 11.Hinkle GH, Born GS, Kessler W, Shaw SM. Preferential localization of radiolabeled liposomes in liver. J. Pharm. Sci. 1978;67(6):795-798.Google Scholar