Expression of microRNA Genes MIR221, MIR222, and MIR181B1 Increases during Induction of Inflammation in the Endothelial Barrier Model
- 1 Downloads
We studied expression profile of microRNA and their target genes in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) during proinflammatory activation with TNFα. TNFα-induced activation of HUVEC was accompanied by a decrease in the expression of CDKN1B, HIST1H3D, and OIP5 genes that are the common target genes for mature microRNA encoded by MIR221, MIR222, and MIR181B1 genes, whose expression increases in activated cells. Proteins encoded by HIST1H3D and OIP5 genes are associated with chromatin compaction and cell cycle. Our results suggest that fetal endothelial microRNA can appear in the maternal blood during various pathological states, e.g., under conditions of preeclampsia.
Key WordsmicroRNA HUVEC TNFα microarray analysis barrier
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Escudero CA, Herlitz K, Troncoso F, Acurio J, Aguayo C, Roberts JM, Truong G, Duncombe G, Rice G, Salomon C. Role of extracellular vesicles and microRNAs on dysfunctional angiogenesis during preeclamptic pregnancies. Front. Physiol. 2016;7:98. doi: https://doi.org/10.3389/fphys.2016.00098.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 6.Li H, Ge Q, Guo L, Lu Z. Maternal plasma miRNAs expression in preeclamptic pregnancies. Biomed. Res. Int. 2013;2013. ID 970265. doi: 10.1155/2013/970265.Google Scholar
- 7.Li H, Zhang J, Lee MJ, Yu GR, Han X, Kim DG. OIP5, a target of miR-15b-5p, regulates hepatocellular carcinoma growth and metastasis through the AKT/mTORC1 and b-catenin signaling pathways. Oncotarget. 2017;8(11):18,129-18,144.Google Scholar
- 12.Rui Y, Peng WJ, Wang M, Wang Q, Liu ZL, Chen Y.Q, Huang LN. HIST1H3D: a promising therapeutic target for lung cancer. Int. J. Oncol. 2017;50(3):815-822.Google Scholar
- 14.Truong G, Guanzon D, Kinhal V, Elfeky O, Lai A, Longo S, Nuzhat Z, Palma C, Scholz-Romero K, Menon R, Mol BW, Rice GE, Salomon C. Oxygen tension regulates the miRNA profile and bioactivity of exosomes released from extravillous trophoblast cells — Liquid biopsies for monitoring complications of pregnancy. PLoS One. 2017;12(3):e0174514. doi: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0174514.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar