Kinetics of Radiation-Induced Optical Absorption Spectra in LPX-100, -200 Protective Glasses
- 2 Downloads
The results of studies of the kinetics of radiation-induced optical absorption spectra of commercially produced glasses LPX-100 and -200 (Lemer Pax Co., France) after γ-irradiation to 1 MGy in the wavelength range 320–1000 nm are reported. The restoration of light transmission was monitored for 120 days. The linear coefficients of attenuation of γ-radiation by glasses were measured using a KRONA-II-04 γ-spectrometer with OSGI standard radiation sources 60Co (1.173 and 1.333 MeV) and 137Cs (0.661 MeV). The experimental data make it possible to determine with adequate accuracy the applicability of the studied glasses under other conditions of irradiation. A brief comparative analysis of the results obtained for TK100 and TF103 glasses by other authors is given.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. I. Dolgov and R. G. Useinov, “The influence of radiation-induced centers of optical absorption on the kinetics of light transmission of pure optical fibers. Experiment and model,” in: 5th All-Russ. School for Students, Postgraduates, Young Scientists, and Specialists in Laser Physics and Laser Technology, Sarov (2011), p. 9095.Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Arbuzov, N. Z. Andreeva, N. A. Leko, et al., “Optical, spectral and protective properties of multi-lead phosphate glasses,” Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 31, No. 5, 797–808 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.V. I. Arbuzov, Fundamentals of Radiation Optical Materials Science, SPb GU ITMO, St. Petersburg (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.GOST 3514–94, Optical Colorless Glass. Technical Specifications, Izd. Standartov, Moscow (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.A. I. Gusarov, Gamma-Irradiation Facilities at SCK·CENA: BEX Unit, SCK·CENA (2017).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Ivanov and V. P. Mashkovich, Collection of Problems of the Dosimetry and Protection Against Ionizing Radiation, Atomizdat, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.I. I. Dolgov and V. D. Shiyan, “Multifunctional software package for processing experimental data DO-SHI-KO,” in: Int. Sci. Tech. Conf. on Innovative Technologies in Science, Technology, and Education, Nov. 14–21, 2009, Egypt (2009), Vol. II, pp. 159–163.Google Scholar