Impact of Deferred SNF Financial Liabilities on NFC Backend Strategy
- 1 Downloads
The specifics of an NPP operating organization’s deferred financial liabilities for SNF management and the impact on them of the infrastructure formation rate at the final stage of the NFC are examined. The financial aspects of the problem and the current state and plans for the formation of an industrial complex for SNF management are examined. As an example of a computational analysis, it is shown that shifting the commissioning dates for the spent fuel reprocessing facilities greatly affects the deferred liabilities and, correspondingly, the financial stability of the company. Analysis of the dynamics of the change in the liabilities over time determines the importance of creating and managing a special reserve fund, taking into account the attendant risks of increasing the NPP’s cost of electricity production as a result of an increase in the current expenses for spent fuel management. Conclusions are drawn about the effect of individual reactor technologies on the structure of the deferred liabilities.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.4th National Report of the Russian Federation on the Fulfillment of Obligations Stemming from the Joint Convention on the Safety of Spent Fuel Management and the Safety of Radioactive Waste Managemen, Rosatom, https://rosatom.ru/upload/iblock/6a1/6a10d74afc8b64b31f1c0dae05525ab8.pdf, acc. Oct. 15, 2018.
- 2.The Results of the Activities of the State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom for 2016, Rosatom, https:rosatom.ru/upload/iblock/d9a/d9a7d8a9569667eb38bcfc153a7016fe.pdf, acc. Oct. 15, 2018.
- 3.A. Leshok, “Thirty years in the future,” Vest. GKhK, No. 22, 7 (2015).Google Scholar
- 4.Industrial Association Mayak Completed Large-Scale Modernization of the Equipment of the RT-1 Plant, Inform. portal Atomic Energy 2.0, www.atomic-energy.ru/news/2017/03/23/73973, acc. Oct. 15, 2018.
- 5.General Layout of Electric Power Facilities up to 2035, approved by Russian Government Order No. 1209-r, June 9, 2017, http://static.government.ru/media/files/zzvuuhfq2f3OJIK8AzKVsXrGIbW8ENGp.pdf, acc. Oct. 15, 2018.
- 6.N. N. Ponomarev-Stepnoi, Two-Component Nuclear Energy System with Thermal and Fast Reactors in a Closed Nuclear Fuel Cycle, Technosphere, Moscow (2016).Google Scholar