Approaches to Developing a Small Nuclear Power Plant Based on a Gas-Cooled Reactor
- 3 Downloads
The concept of a small gas-cooled reactor for the Brayton cycle using reactor technologies, design solutions, and existing experience of NIKIET is proposed. The concept is based on the optimal use of existing materials in the design and implements the principles of universality, modularity, and compactness. Variants of the reactor design, design of the transport lock system, cooling channel of the critical components of the reactor vessel, and radiation protection are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Kudinov, D. G. Kulikov, and A. O. Pimenov, “Autonomous low-power sources of nuclear energy,” in: Innovations in Nuclear Energy, NIKIET, Moscow (2017), pp. 27–32.Google Scholar
- 2.Advances in Small Modular Reactor Technology Developments. A Supplement to: IAEA Advanced Reactors Information System (ARIS), IAEA, Vienna (2018).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. G. Dragunov, A. A. Dunaitsev, D. D. Kim, et al., “The concept of a low-power mobile power plant with a fast gas-cooled reactor,” At. Energ., 126, No. 1, 3–7 (2019).Google Scholar
- 4.V. N. Krushelnitskii, “Applications of small reactor plants,” in: Small Nuclear Power Plants: New Direction in the Development of Power Generation Industry, A. A. Sarkisov (ed.), AcademPrint, Moscow (2015), pp. 50–58.Google Scholar
- 5.E. L. Romadova, V. V. Kudinov, and L. A. Sleptsov, et al., “Small NPP with gas-cooled reactor,” in: Abstr. 4th Int. Sci. Techn. Conf. on Innovative Projects and Technologies of Nuclear Energy, Sept. 27–30, 2016, NIKIET, Moscow, p. 256.Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. G. Dragunov, B. A. Gabaraev, and V. V. Uzhanova, et al., “Space sub- and megawatt-class nuclear power plants. Part 1. Reactor concepts (review),” Probl. Mashinostr. Avtomatiz., No. 2, 95–107 (2014).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. G. Dragunov and S. V. Evropin, “Structural materials in innovative designs of nuclear plants,” Probl. Mashinostr. Avtomatiz., No. 1, 117–120 (2013).Google Scholar
- 9.Standards for Calculating the Strength of Equipment and Pipelines in Nuclear Power Plants, PNAE G-7-002-86, Energoatomizdat, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Kudinov, A. A. Neretin, L. A. Sleptsov, and Yu. M. Chudov, Patent RU 176089, “Setup for securing the working organ of a nuclear reactor,” subm. Aug. 7, 2017, No. 2017121259, Byull. Izobret. Polezn. Modeli, No. 37 (2017) (in electronic form).Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. G. Dragunov, P. V. Kobzev, V. V. Kudinov, et al., Patent RU 2562237, “Space nuclear power plant,” subm. June 24, 2014, No. 2014125586/07, Byull. Izobret. Polezn. Modeli, No. 25 (2015) (in electronic form).Google Scholar