Working Liquid Holdup by Irregular Fine Packing in Uranium Hexafluoride Rectification
- 1 Downloads
The rectification of uranium hexafluoride and its main technological impurities – tungsten and molybdenum hexafluorides – was studied. Irregular, fine, spiral, and spiral-prismatic packings were used as the separating elements. It is shown that the dependence of the working holdup of liquid metal-hexafluorides on the rectification parameters in a packing column with irregular fine packing is identical to the dependences given in the literature but with different coefficients and exponential factors.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.E. Krel, Manual on Laboratory Rectification [Russian translation], Izd. Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Kafarov, Fundamentals of Mass Transfer, Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.N. M. Zhavoronkov, V. A. Lotkhov, and V. A. Malyusov, “Investigation of the efficiency of a laboratory rectification column with spiral-prismatic packing,” Khim. Prom., No. 10. 771–776 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.Ya. D. Zel’venskii, “Determination of the hydraulic characteristics and rectification power of polymer packing in small columns,” Khim. Prom., No. 6, 610–612 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.R. McGill, A Glass Still for the Evaluation of Column Packing with Hexafluoride Uranium, Rep. ANL-6362 (1962).Google Scholar