Current inverting metamutator, its implementation with a new single active device and applications
- 166 Downloads
A new kind of metamutator, namely “Current Inverting Metamutator”, its realizations using different types of active blocks and some of its applications like voltage-mode universal biquadratic filter with three input and one output terminals are presented. The proposed circuits can realize all standard filters, namely, low-pass, band-pass, high-pass, notch and all-pass without passive component matching conditions. The proposed circuit offers the features of using grounded capacitors and orthogonal controllability of angular frequency and quality factor. Then a novel realization of metamutator with one active device, additive and differential IC (AD-IC) is proposed and implemented with twelve transistors only. The metamutator with AD-IC has the advantages: (1) of creating new realizations of memristors, capacitance multipliers, inductor simulators, frequency dependent negative resistors which can be used to make IC active filters, (2) less is the number (only one) of active devices, less is the amount of disparity, (3) no need to match passive component values.
KeywordsMetamutator Memristors Analog circuit design Universal filter FDNR
The authors sincerely thank all the reviewers and Prof. Shahram Minaei for their invaluable comments, their time and their efforts for improving the manuscript.
- 5.Biolek, D., Biolková, V., & Kolka, Z. (2010). Mutators simulating memcapacitors and meminductors. In Proceedings of the Asia Pacific conference on circuits and systems (pp. 800–803), Malaysia.Google Scholar
- 9.Minayi, E. (2014). Applications of 4-port generalized mutators to memstor simulations. M. Sc: Thesis, Dogus University.Google Scholar
- 12.Minayi, E., Göknar, I. C. (2017). CIM a current inverting metamutator and its application to universal filters among others. In Proceedings of the 40th international conference on telecommunications and signal processing, July 5–7, 2017, Barcelona, Spain.Google Scholar
- 13.Pini, A. Use monolithic universal active filter ICs to speed IoT analog front-end design. Digi-Key Electronics, Article Library, Nov. 15, 2017. Retrieved June 1, 2018 from https://www.digikey.sg/en/articles/techzone/2017/nov/use-monolithic-universal-active-filter-ics-to-speed-iotanalog-front-end-design.
- 18.Kacar, F., & Kuntman, H. (2009). Novel electronically tunable FDNR simulator employing single FDCCII. In European conference on circuit theory and design, Antalya, Turkey (pp. 21–24).Google Scholar
- 19.Minaei, S., Yuce, E., Cicekoglu, O., & Özcan, S. (2005). Inductance and FDNR simulator employing only two CCII+. In Applied electronics conference, Pilsen, Czech Republic (pp. 227–231).Google Scholar
- 20.Ayten, U. E., Sagbas, M., Herencsar, N., & Koton, J. (2011). Novel floating FDNR, inductor and capacitor simulator using CBTA. In 34th International conference on telecommunications and signal processing (TSP), Budapest, Hungary (pp. 312–316).Google Scholar
- 21.Prasad, D., & Srivastav, M. (2017). Novel Ms⁁2 type FDNR simulation configuration with electronic control and grounded capacitances. In IEEE International conference on electronics, circuits and systems, Batumi, Georgia (pp. 160–164).Google Scholar
- 23.Minayi, E., & Göknar, I. C. (2017). Single active device metamutator; Its application to impedance simulation and in particular to FDNR. In International conference on electrical and electronics engineering, Bursa, Turkey (pp. 497–502).Google Scholar
- 24.Monsurrò, P., & Trifiletti, A. (2016). Synthesis of anti-aliasing filters for IF receivers. In International conference on mixed design of integrated circuits and systems, Lodz, Poland (pp. 239–242).Google Scholar
- 27.Minaei, S., Yuce, E., Herencsar, N., & Koton, J. (2012). SIFO voltage-mode universal filters employing TO-CCIIs. In International conference on telecommunications and signal processing, Prague, Czech Republic (pp. 359–362).Google Scholar
- 28.Horng, J.-W., Chan, T. H., & Li, T. Y. (2015). Tunable voltage-mode four inputs universal biquad using three DVCCs. In IEEE international conference on ASIC, Chengdu, China (pp. 1–4).Google Scholar
- 29.Paul, S. K., & Kushwaha, A. K. (2016). Biquadratic universal filter based on CCDDCCTA. In International conference on microelectronics, computing and communications, Durgapur, India (pp. 1–4).Google Scholar
- 37.Horng, J. W., Hsu, C. H., & Tseng, C. Y. (2012). High input impedance voltage-mode universal biquadratic filters with three inputs using three CCs and grounding capacitors. Radioengineering, 21, 290–296.Google Scholar
- 38.Horng, J. W., Chiu, T. Y., & Jhao, Z. Y. (2012). Tunable versatile high input impedance voltage-mode universal biquadratic filter based on DDCCs. Radioengineering, 21, 1260–1268.Google Scholar
- 39.Ibrahim, M. A., Minaei, S., Yuce, E., Herencsar, N., & Koton, J. (2012). Lossy/lossless floating/grounded inductance simulation using one DDCC. Radioengineering, 21, 3–10.Google Scholar
- 41.Bruton, L. T. (1980). RC-active circuits: Theory and design. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar