Design and simulation of nanoelectronic data transfer system with an emphasis on reliability and stability analysis
- 31 Downloads
This work represents the implementation of a data transfer system using single electron threshold logic based approach. The power consumption of the complete system is 239.2 pW. The complete implementation of the design along with the simulation results of different individual stages is presented in this work. The reliability of the system is one of the main concerns as the background charge fluctuation affects the overall system performance. Considering the background charge to be uniformly and normally distributed the variation of the percentage of reliability along with the variation factor for different type of distributions has been plotted and explained. The stability issue of the circuit has also been discussed using stability plots.
Keywords2:4 decoder Data transfer system Multiplexer Parallel in parallel out register Reliability analysis SIMON Single electron transistor Stability plot Threshold logic
- 5.Amat, E., Bausells, J., & Maurano, F. P. (2017). Exploring the influence of variability on single-electron transistors into SET-based circuits. IEEE Xplore: IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 64(12), 5172–5180.Google Scholar
- 12.Lageweg, C., Cotofana, S., & Vassiliadis, S. (2006). Evaluation methodology for single electron encoded threshold logic gates. In M. Glesner, R. Reis, L. Indrusiak, V. Mooney, & H. Eveking (Eds.), IFIP international federation for information processing (Vol. 200, pp. 247–262)., VLSI-SOC: From systems to chips Boston: Springer.Google Scholar
- 15.Lageweg, C. R., Cotofana, S. D., & Vassiliadis, S. (2002). Static buffered SET based logic gates. In 2nd IEEE conference on nanotechnology (NANO) (pp. 491–494).Google Scholar
- 18.Shin, M., Lee, S., & Park, K. W. (2001). Stability diagram of coupled single-electron transistors. Journal of the Korean Physical Society, 39(3), 581–585.Google Scholar
- 19.Ghosh, A., Jain, A., Singh, N. B., & Sarkar, S. K. (2015). Stability aspects of single electron threshold logic based 4 bit carry look ahead adder. In Proceedings of the 2015 third international conference on computer, communication, control and information technology (C3IT), Hooghly (pp. 1–4). https://doi.org/10.1109/c3it.2015.7060138.
- 20.Chen, C., & Mi, J. (2006). Parameter selection for single electron threshold logic with reliability analysis. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Nanotechnology, Cincinnati, OH, Jul. 2006 (Vol. 1, pp. 371–374).Google Scholar
- 23.Mahapatra, S., Ionescu, A. M., Banerjee, K., & Declerq, M. J. (2002). Modeling and analysis of power dissipation in single electron logic. In IEDM technical digest, San Francisco, CA (pp. 3236).Google Scholar
- 24.Durrani, Z. A. K. (2010). Single electron devices and circuits in silicon. London: Imperial College Press.Google Scholar