Covering based multigranulation fuzzy rough sets and corresponding applications
- 6 Downloads
By combining covering based rough sets, fuzzy rough sets, and multigranulation rough sets, we introduce covering based multigranulation fuzzy rough set models by means of fuzzy \(\beta \)-neighborhoods. We investigate axiomatic characterizations of covering based optimistic, pessimistic and variable precision multigranulation fuzzy rough set models. We propose coverings based \(\alpha \)-optimistic (pessimistic) multigranulation fuzzy rough sets and D-optimistic (pessimistic) multigranulation fuzzy rough sets from fuzzy measures. We examine the relationships among these kinds of coverings based fuzzy rough sets. Finally, we apply the proposed models to solve problems for multi-criteria group decision-making.
KeywordsMultigranulation rough set Covering based fuzzy rough set Fuzzy \(\beta \)-neighborhood Decision making
The authors are extremely grateful to the editor and four anonymous referees for their valuable comments and helpful suggestions which helped to improve the presentation of this paper. This research was partially supported by NNSFC (11461025; 11561023) and a Discovery Grant from NSERC Canada.
- Hwang C, Lin M (1987) Group decision making under multiple criteria, Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems, Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Liang JY, Qian YH (2006) Axiomatic approach of knowledge granulation in information systems. In: LNAI vol 4304, pp 1074–1078Google Scholar
- Pedrycz W, Skowron A, Kreinovich V (eds) (2008) Handbook of granular computing. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Yao YY (2003) On generalizing rough set theory, RSFDGrC 2003, LNCS (LNAI) 2639, pp 44–51Google Scholar
- Yao YY (2005) Perspectives of granular computing. In: Proceeding of 2005 IEEE international conference on granular computing, pp 85–90Google Scholar