Infinitesimal generators for two-dimensional Lévy process-driven hypothesis testing
In this paper, we present the testing of four hypotheses on two streams of observations that are driven by Lévy processes. This is applicable for sequential decision making on the state of two-sensor systems. In one case, each sensor receives or does not receive a signal obstructed by noise. In another, each sensor receives data driven by Lévy processes with large or small jumps. In either case, these give rise to four possibilities. Infinitesimal generators are presented and analyzed. Bounds for infinitesimal generators in terms of super-solutions and sub-solutions are computed. An application of this procedure for stochastic model is also presented in relation to the financial market.
KeywordsLévy process Infinitesimal generator Hypothesis tests Viscosity solution Oil price
JEL ClassificationC12 C13 C62
The authors would like to thank the anonymous reviewers for their careful reading of the manuscript and for suggesting points to improve the quality of the paper.
- Carlisle, M., Hadjiliadis, O.: Sequential decision making in two-dimensional hypothesis testing. In: 52nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6760919 (2013). Accessed 20 Aug 2018
- Chow, Y.S., Robbins, H., Siegmund, D.: The Theory of Optimal Stopping. Dover Publications, Mineola (1991)Google Scholar
- Cont, R., Tankov, P.: Financial Modelling with Jump Processes. Hapman and Hall/CRC Financial Mathematics Series, Boca Raton (2003)Google Scholar
- Lowther, G.: Lévy Processes, Stochastic Calculus Notes. https://almostsure.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/levy-processes/ (2010). Accessed 25 Sept 2018
- SenGupta, I., Nganje, W., Hanson, E.: Refinements of Barndorff-Nielsen and Shephard model: an analysis of crude oil price with machine learning (submitted) (2019b)Google Scholar
- Shiryayev, A.N.: Optimal Stopping Rules. Springer, New York (1978)Google Scholar
- Wald, A.: Sequential Analysis. Wiley, New York (1947)Google Scholar
- Wannenwetsch, J.: Lévy Processes in Finance: The Change of Measure and Non-Linear Dependence, Inaugural-Dissertation zur Erlangung des Grades eines Doktors der Wirtschafts- und Gesellschaftswissenschaften durch die Rechts- und Staatswissenschaftliche Fakultät der Rheinischen Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität, Bonn. http://hss.ulb.uni-bonn.de/2005/0545/0545.pdf (2005). Accessed 10 Mar 2019