A new unambiguous tracking algorithm for sine-BOC(m, n) signals
- 69 Downloads
Binary offset carrier (BOC) modulation technology is widely used in newly developed and modernized global navigation satellite systems. BOC signal offers superior performance over conventional binary phase-shift keying signal due to its sharp auto-correlation function. However, the main drawback of BOC signal tracking is the ambiguity problem caused by the presence of multiple side-peaks in the auto-correlation function. We derive a new analytical model to solve the ambiguity issue. Based on the derived analytical model, a code tracking algorithm that completely removes all ambiguities is introduced. Theoretical analysis and simulation show that the proposed technique significantly improves the multipath mitigation performance and code tracking accuracy in thermal noise over those of existing side-peaks-cancellation techniques.
KeywordsBOC GNSS Unambiguous tracking Multipath Side-peak cancellation
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant no. 61401171).
- Betz JW (2001) Binary offset carrier modulations for radionavigation. Navig J Inst Navig 48(4):227–246. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-4296.2001.tb00247.x CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Fine P, Wilson W (1999) Tracking algorithm for GPS offset carrier signals. In: Proceedings of the ION NTM 1999, Institute of Navigation, San Diego, California, USA, January 25–27, pp 671–676Google Scholar
- Irsgler M (2005) Criteria for GNSS multipath performance assessment. In: Proceedings of the ION GNSS 2005, Institute of Navigation, Long Beach, California, USA, September 13–16, pp 2166–2177Google Scholar
- Kaplan ED, Hegarty C (2006) Understanding GPS: principles and applications, 2nd edn. Artech House, BostonGoogle Scholar
- Martin N, Leblond V, Guillotel G, Heiries V (2003) BOC(x, y) signal acquisition techniques and performances. In: Proceedings of the ION GPS/GNSS 2003, Institute of Navigation, Portland, Oregon, USA, September 9–12, pp 188–198Google Scholar
- Pany T, Irsigler M, Eissfeller B (2005) S-curve shaping: a new method for optimum discriminator based code multipath mitigation. In: Proceedings of the ION GNSS 2005, Institute of Navigation, Long Beach, California, USA, September 13–16, pp 2139–2154Google Scholar
- Paonni M, Avila-Rodriguez JA, Pany T, Hein GW, Eissfeller B (2008) Looking for an optimum S-curve shaping of the different MBOC implementations. Navig J Inst Navig 55(4):255–266. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-4296.2008.tb00435.x CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Yao Z, Lu M, Inst N (2011) Side-peaks cancellation analytic design framework with applications in BOC signals unambiguous processing. In: Proceedings of the ION ITM 2011, Institute of Navigation, San Diego, California, USA, January 24–26, pp 775–785Google Scholar