Finite horizon risk-sensitive continuous-time Markov decision processes with unbounded transition and cost rates
- 54 Downloads
We consider a risk-sensitive continuous-time Markov decision process over a finite time duration. Under the conditions that can be satisfied by unbounded transition and cost rates, we show the existence of an optimal policy, and the existence and uniqueness of the solution to the optimality equation out of a class of possibly unbounded functions, to which the Feynman–Kac formula was also justified to hold.
KeywordsContinuous-time Markov decision processes Risk-sensitive criterion Optimality equation
Mathematics Subject ClassificationPrimary 90C40 Secondary 60J75
This work is partially supported by Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province (Grant No. 2014A030313438), Zhujiang New Star (Grant No. 201506010056), Guangdong Province outstanding young teacher training plan (Grant No. YQ2015050).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
There is no potential conflicts of interest.
Research do not have human participants and/or animals.
- Cavazos-Cadena R, Montes-de-Oca R (2000) Optimal stationary policies in risk-sensitive dynamic programs with finite state space and nonnegative rewards. Appl Math 27:167–185Google Scholar
- Guo X, Zhang Y (2018) On risk-sensitive piecewise deterministic Markov decision processes. Appl. Math Optim. in press. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00245-018-9485-x
- Kitaev M, Rykov V (1995) Controlled queueing systems. CRC Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Piunovski A, Khametov V (1985) New effective solutions of optimality equations for the controlled Markov chains with continuous parameter (the unbounded price-function). Problems Control Inform Theory 14:303–318Google Scholar
- Piunovskiy A, Zhang Y (2014) Discounted continuous-time Markov decision processes with unbounded rates and randomized history-dependent policies: the dynamic programming approach. 4OR-Q J Oper Res 12, 4975Google Scholar