A continuous-time heterogeneous duopoly model with delays
- 18 Downloads
In this paper, the continuous-time version with delays of the model of Tramontana (Econ Model 27(1):350–357, 2010) is presented. The stability of the equilibrium point is discussed by analyzing the distribution of roots of associated characteristic equation. It is found that combining marginal costs with time delays gives rise to different economic scenarios, where stability switches may appear and Hopf bifurcations occur within certain range of parameters.
KeywordsHeterogeneous players Duopoly model Time delay
The authors gratefully acknowledge two anonymous reviewers for comments and suggestions. The usual disclaimer applies.
- Dieci, R., Westerhoff, F.: Stability analysis of a cobweb model with market interactions. Appl. Math. Comput. 215(6), 2011–2023 (2009)Google Scholar
- Ezekiel, M.: The cobweb theorem. The Quarterly Journal of Economics, pages 255–280 (1938)Google Scholar
- Gori, L., Guerrini, L., Sodini, M.: Different modelling approaches for time lags in a monopoly. Essays in Economic Dynamics, pp. 81–98. Springer (2016)Google Scholar
- Matsumoto, A., Nakayama, K.: Nonlinear cobweb model with time delays.International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and AppliedMathematics, pages 402–406. (2015)Google Scholar
- Matsumoto, A., Szidarovszky, F.: Discrete and continuous dynamics in nonlinear monopolies. Appl. Math. Comput. 232, 632–642 (2014)Google Scholar
- Matsumoto, A., Szidarovszky, F.: The asymptotic behavior in a nonlinear cobweb model with time delays. Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, 2015 (2015)Google Scholar
- Ruan, S., Wei, J.: On the zeros of transcendental functions with applications to stability of delay differential equations with two delays. Dyn. Continuous Discrete Impuls. Syst. Ser. A 10, 863–874 (2003)Google Scholar