Distribution of global defensive k-alliances over some graph products
- 25 Downloads
If \(G=(V_G, E_G)\) is a graph, then \(S\subseteq V_G\) is a global defensive k-alliance in G if (i) each vertex not in S has a neighbor in S and (ii) each vertex of S has at least k more neighbors inside S than outside of it. The global defensive k-alliance number of G is the minimum cardinality among all global defensive k-alliance in G. In this paper this concept is studied on the generalized hierarchical, the lexicographic, the corona, and the edge corona product. For all of these products upper bounds expressed with related invariants of the factors are given. Sharpness of the bounds is also discussed.
KeywordsGlobal alliance Global defensive k-alliance Hierarchical product of graphs Lexicographic product of graphs
Mathematics Subject Classification05C69 05C76
Sandi Klavžar acknowledges the financial support from the Slovenian Research Agency (research core funding No. P1-0297 and projects J1-7110, J1-9109, N1-0043). The authors are indebted to the referees for helpful remarks which leaded us to correct and improve the paper.
- Arezoomand M, Taeri B (2010) Applications of generalized hierarchical product of graphs in computing the Szeged index of chemical graphs. MATCH Commun Math Comput Chem 64:591–602Google Scholar
- Eballe RG, Aldema RM, Paluga EM, Rulete RF, Jamil FP (2012) Global defensive alliances in the join, corona and composition of graphs. Ars Comb. 107:225–245Google Scholar
- Hammack R, Imrich W, Klavžar S (2011) Handbook of product graphs, 2nd edn. CRC Press, Boca RatonGoogle Scholar
- Haynes TW, Hedetniemi ST, Slater PJ (1998) Fundamentals of domination in graphs. Marcel Dekker, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Kristiansen P, Hedetniemi SM, Hedetniemi ST (2004) Alliances in graphs. J Comb Math Comb Comput 48:157–177Google Scholar
- Shafique KH, Dutton RD (2002) On satisfactory partitioning of graphs. Congr Numer 154:183–194Google Scholar
- Tavakoli M, Rahbarnia F, Ashrafi AR (2014) Studying the corona product of graphs under some graph invariants. Trans Comb 3:43–49Google Scholar
- Yero IG, Rodríguez-Velázquez JA (2017) A survey on alliances in graphs: defensive alliances. Util Math 105:141–172Google Scholar
- Yero IG, Jakovac M, Kuziak D (2017) On global (strong) defensive alliances in some product graphs. Commun Comb Optim 2:21–33Google Scholar