Ultrasound-assisted fabrication of N-cyano-N-arylbenzenesulfonamides at ambient temperature: improvements with biosynthesized Ag/feldspar nanocomposite
- 27 Downloads
A mild and effective method for ultrasound-assisted N-sulfonylation of arylcyanamides with aryl sulfonyl chloride is introduced at ambient temperature; synthesis of assorted derivatives of N-cyano-N-arylbenzenesulfonamide as electrophilic cyanation agent can be further improved using Ag/feldspar nanocomposite, accessible via an simple, eco-friendly and inexpensive method using Hedera helix leaf extract. The important advantages of this method include clean conditions, high purity and yield, and easy workup procedure with minimum generation of waste. The structure and morphology nanocatalyst were characterized by energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy, field emission scanning electron microscope, transmission electron microscopy, X-ray powder diffraction and elemental mapping.
KeywordsN-Sulfonylation Sulfonyl chloride N-Cyano-N-arylbenzenesulfonamide Ultrasound irradiation Ag/feldspar nanocomposite
This work was supported by the University of Qom. RSV was supported, in part, from ERDF project "Development of pre-applied research in nanotechnology and biotechnology" (No. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/17_048/0007323)
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The author declares that they have no conflict of interest.
- Kleemann A, Engel J, Kutscher B, Reichert D (2002) Pharmaceutical substances: syntheses, patents applications. Org Proc Res Dev 6(5):739–740Google Scholar
- Kurzer F (1949a) Cyanamides. Part I. The synthesis of substituted arylsulphonylcyanamides. J Chem Soc 1034–1038Google Scholar
- Kurzer F (1949b) Cyanamides. Part III. The formation of substituted triazines from o-halogenophenylureas and arylsulphonyl chlorides. J Chem Soc 3029–3033Google Scholar
- Larock RC (1989) Comprehensive organic transformations, a guide to functional group preparations, In comprehensive organic transformations. VCH, New York, p 819Google Scholar
- Li JJ (2013) Heterocyclic chemistry in drug discovery. Wiley, Hoboken, pp 1–647Google Scholar
- Rappoport Z (1970) In chemistry of the cyano group. Wiley, London, p 121Google Scholar
- Rudnick RL, Gao S (2003) Composition of the continental crust. In: Holland HD, Turekian KK (eds) Treatise on geochemistry. Treatise on geochemistry, vol 3. Elsevier Science, New York, pp 1–64Google Scholar