Current-voltage characteristics of a non-transferred plasma spray torch
- 154 Downloads
I–V characteristics of a non-transferred DC plasma spray torch operating on argon and argon + nitrogen mixtures are reported. Arc voltage is decreased with increase in arc current and increased with increase in electrode gap. Arc power is higher at higher percentage of nitrogen in argon. Nottingham co-efficients were calculated using numerical method.
PACS52.75.Hn Plasma torches 52.75 Rx Plasma applications in manufacturing and materials processing (etching, surface cleaning, spraying, arc welding, ion implantation, film deposition, etc.) 52.80.Mg Arcs; sparks; lightning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D.C. Schram, M.C.M. Vande Sanden, in: IEE Colloquium on Atmospheric Discharges for Chemical Synthesis, Eindhoven Univ. of Technol., Netherlands (IEE, London, UK, 1997), p. 6/1–4.Google Scholar
- 3.D. Matejka, B. Benko, Plasma Spraying of Metallic and Ceramic Materials (John Wiley & Sons ltd, Baffins Lane, Chichester, UK, 1989).Google Scholar
- 4.Ayrton, The Electric arc, London, 1902 (unpublished).Google Scholar
- 7.R.M. Gage, US patent Specifications No. 2, 858 411 (1958).Google Scholar
- 8.K. Goldman, in Proceedings of Fifth International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases, Amsterdam, North Holland, 1961.Google Scholar
- 10.C. Krolikowski, in Proceedings of the VII international Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases (1966).Google Scholar
- 13.A.M. Painkangar, K.P. Sreekumar, A.K. Das, V.S. Shirodkar, N. Venkatramani, in Proceedings of the National Symposium on Vacuum Science & Technology and Power Beams, 1997, edited by N. Venkatramani, A.K. Rai, p. 312.Google Scholar
- 19.N. Singh, J.M. Bauchire, M. Razafinimanana, J.J. Gonzalez, A. Gleizes, in Proceedings of the ICPIG, Toulouse-France, 1997, edited by M.C. Bordage, A. Gleizes, p. II–136.Google Scholar
- 20.B. Gross, Plasma technology (Lliffe, London, 1968).Google Scholar
- 22.B. Pateyron, Ph.D. thesis, University of Limoges, France, 1987.Google Scholar