Performance analysis of circle polarization shift keying modulation over the exponentiated Weibull distribution
- 19 Downloads
The average bit error rate (BER) and outage probability of circle polarization shift keying (CPOLSK) modulation in free-space optical (FSO) system operating under exponentiated Weibull (EW) distribution are studied. The closed expression of the average BER is derived by generalized Gauss–Laguerre polynomials. The analytical results show the relationship between the average BER and average signal to noise ratio (SNR) of CPOLSK modulation with the effect of aperture averaging under different turbulence strengths and it is compared with on–off keying (OOK) modulation. The relationship between the outage probability and normalized threshold SNR of CPOLSK modulation is studied as well. All the analytical results are verified by the Monte Carlo simulation.
KeywordsAverage bit error rate (BER) Outage probability Circle polarization shift keying (CPOLSK) Exponentiated Weibull (EW)distribution Aperture averaging On–off keying (OOK) Monte Carlo simulation
This work is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (61475193 and 61504170).
- 2.Tang, X.: Polarisation Shift Keying Modulated Free-Space Optical Communication Systems. University of Northumbria, Newcastle (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Yang, L., Gao, X., Alouini, M.S.: Performance analysis of free-space optical communication systems with multiuser diversity over atmospheric turbulence channels. IEEE Photon. J. 6(2), 1–18 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Qu, Z., Djordjevic, I.B.: 500 Gb/s free-space optical transmission over strong atmospheric turbulence channels. ICTON 41(14), 3285–3288 (2016)Google Scholar
- 17.Zhao, X.H.: Study on the Circle Polarization Shift Keying and the Theory of Polarization Propagation in Wireless Optical Communication. University of Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin (2010)Google Scholar
- 22.Song, X.G., Yang, F., Cheng, J.L., Dhahir, N.A., Xu, Z.Y.: Subcarrier phase-shift keying systems with phase errors in lognormal turbulence channels. Opt. Laser Technol. 33(9), 1896–1904 (2015)Google Scholar
- 24.Hu, J.S., Zhang, Z.C., Wu, L., Dang, J., Zhu, G.H.: Average BER of coherent optical QPSK systems with phase errors over M turbulence channels. Chin. Opt. Lett. 16(12), 120101(1-6) (2018)Google Scholar
- 25.Jurado-Navas, A., Garrido-Balsells, J.M., Paris, J.F., Puerta-Notario, A.: A unifying statistical model for atmospheric optical scintillation. Numerical Simulations of Physical and Engineering Processes. (2011)Google Scholar