Color speckle measurement of white laser beam emitted from fiber output of RGB laser modules
- 19 Downloads
Color speckle metrics of an RGB-combined white laser beam emitted from an optical fiber output of two types of RGB laser module are measured. A new method for eliminating the effects of a fiber far field pattern from the measured 2D speckle data is employed to calculate the speckle metrics with a statistical accuracy. In this method, unspeckled 2D data of the far field pattern can be directly measured by opening the iris of the speckle measurement equipment. As a result, white photometric speckle contrast and color speckle distribution in CIE1931 chromaticity diagram are, for the first time, successfully obtained by eliminating the far field pattern effects.
KeywordsSpeckle Color speckle Laser module Far field pattern Optical fiber
This work is supported by Strategic International Standardization, Ministry of Economics, Trade and Industry, Japan.
- 2.Kinoshita, J., Aizawa, H., Takamori, A., Yamamoto, K., Murata, H., Kuroda, K.: Color speckle evaluation using monochromatic speckle measurements. SID 2016, Symposium Digest, 10-1 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Ochi, K., Kurashige, M., Kubota, S., Ishida, K.: Direct measurement of color speckle applying XYZ filters, SID 2016, Symposium Digest 10-2 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Kinoshita, J., Yamamoto, K., Kuroda, K.: Error of color speckle measurements using an apparatus with XYZ filters, 24th Congress of the International Commission for Optics, digest of technical papers Th2B-04 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Kinoshita, J.: Impact of color speckle on display measurement standardization, Proc. of the International Display Workshops. 24, PRJ2-2 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Kinoshita, J., Takamori, A., Ochi, K., Yamamoto, K., Kuroda, K., Suzuki, K., Hieda, K., “Color Speckle Measurement of Far Field Pattern of RGB Laser Modules”, The 8th Laser Display and Lighting Conference 2019, LDC-6-1 01 (2019)Google Scholar
- 14.Ikeda, Y., Sakamoto, J., Kadoya, A., Fukushi, I., Tojo, K., Yamamoto, K.: Single-mode fiber coupled compact RGB laser module, The 8th Laser Display and Lighting Conference 2019, LDC-P-02, (2019)Google Scholar