Infrared small-target detection based on multi-directional multi-scale high-boost response
- 86 Downloads
As of late, infrared (IR) small-target detection technology is broadly utilized in low-altitude monitoring frameworks, target-tracking frameworks, precise guidance frameworks and forest fire prevention frameworks. In this paper, we propose an infrared small-target detection strategy based on multi-directional multi-scale high-boost response (MDMSHB). First, an eight-direction filtering template is proposed, which can consider the directional information of the image and significantly suppress heterogeneous background such as cloud, linear interference and interface like ocean–sky background. Then, a map based on multi-directional multi-scale high-boost response (MDMSHB map) is calculated. Finally, a straightforward threshold segmentation technique is utilized to get the detection result. The simulation results comparing this method with the four state-of-the-art strategies in six sequences demonstrate that the proposed strategy can adequately suppress heterogeneous background and arbitrary noise. The approach can improve detection rate and reduce false alert rate as well.
KeywordsDetection Infrared small targets Directional filters High-boost response Human visual system
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61571096, 61775030) the Key Laboratory Fund of Beam Control, Chinese Academy of Sciences (2017LBC003) and Sichuan Science and Technology Program (2019YJ0167, 2019YFG0307).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
On behalf of all the authors, the corresponding author states that there is no conflict of interest.
- 18.Han, J., Ma, Y., Huang, J., et al.: An infrared small target detecting algorithm based on human visual system. IEEE Geosci. Remote Sens. Lett. 13(3), 452–456 (2016)Google Scholar
- 19.Guo, C., Ma, Q., Zhang, L.: Spatio-temporal saliency detection using phase spectrum of quaternion fourier transform. In: Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1–8. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 20.Boccignone, G., Chianese, A., Picariello, A.: Small Target Detect. Using Wavel. 2, 1776 (1998)Google Scholar
- 27.Hou X, Zhang L. Saliency detection: A spectral residual approach. In: Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1–8. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 36.Liu, M., Du, H., Zhao, Y., et al.: Image small target detection based on deep learning with SNR controlled sample generation. Current Trends in Computer Science and Mechanical Automation, vol. 1. Sciendo Migration, pp. 211–220 (2017)Google Scholar