Electrochemical noise measurement of a Li/SOCl2 primary battery
Electrochemical noise of a Li/SOCl2 primary battery was measured during discharge at a constant value resistor. The amplitude of the noise was found to be razing during discharge process. Power spectral density calculation method was used to analyze electrochemical noise. It was found that the slope of power spectral density frequency dependences increases with the battery discharging. The electrochemical impedance of the battery was measured during galvanostatic discharge and investigated using equivalent circuit analysis method. The correlations and some interactions between impedance components and electrochemical noise characteristics during battery discharge process were found and analyzed.
KeywordsElectrochemical noise Primary battery Thionyl-chloride Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy Equivalent circuit analysis
This work was supported by the State Task of Russian Federation (the state registration number 01201361853).
- 2.Tyagai VA, Luk’yanchikova NB (1967) Equilibrium fluctuations in electrochemical processes. Elektrokhimiya 3:316–322Google Scholar
- 18.Kanevskii LS, Bagotzky VS, Nizhnikovskii EA (1995) Impedance spectroscopy as a method for evaluation of lithium-thionyl chloride cells. Russ J Electrochem 31:340–346Google Scholar
- 20.Nizhnikovskii EA, Kanevskii LS, Frol'chenkov VV (1998) Impedance method of evaluating chemical power sources and its application to the testing of lithium-thionyl chloride cells of the TL-1,2 type. Russ J Electrochem 34:639–643Google Scholar
- 21.Povarov YM, Vorobeva IV (1982) Impedance of lithium electrode in thionyl chloride electrolytes. Elektrokhimiya 18:1514–1518Google Scholar
- 26.Kanevskii LS (2009) Investigation and diagnosis of lithium batteries by electrochemical noise. II Bit and noise characteristics thionyl chloride-lithium current sources of different type and their evolution during battery discharge. Elektrokhim Energ 9:3–11Google Scholar
- 28.Astaf’ev EA, Ukshe AE, Dobrovolskii YA (2017) Hardware for measurement of electrochemical noise of chemical power sources. Prib Tekh Eksp 6:130–131Google Scholar
- 29.Astaf’ev EA (2018) Multi-purpose high resolution device for measurement of electrochemical noise. Prib Tekh Eksp 1:151–152Google Scholar
- 37.Tyagai VA (1974) Noise in electrochemical systems. Elektrokhimiya 10:3–24Google Scholar