From nickel oxalate dihydrate microcubes to NiS2 nanocubes for high performance supercapacitors
- 101 Downloads
In this study, NiS2 nanocubes were successfully synthesized by a novel facile solvothermal method using NiC2O4·2H2O microstructures and used as an electrode for high-performance supercapacitors. The electrochemical properties of the prepared NiS2 electrode were studied using galvanostatic charge–discharge analysis, cyclic voltammetry (CV), and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) studies. Its maximum specific capacitance was 2077 F g−1 at a constant current density of about 0.65 A g−1. Further, the EIS results confirmed the pseudocapacitive nature of the NiS2 electrode. The experimental results suggested that the NiS2 electro-active material demonstrates excellent electrochemical performance with high specific capacitance, low resistance, and excellent cycling stability.
KeywordsNiS2 Nanocubes NiC2O4·2H2O Solvothermal Electrochemical properties Supercapacitors
This work was supported by the University of Kashan by Grant No. 159183/37.
- 6.Zhang F, Xiao F, Dong ZH, Shi W (2013) Synthesis of polypyrrole wrapped graphene hydrogels composites as supercapacitor electrodes. Electrochim Acta 114:25–132Google Scholar
- 8.Repp S, Harputlu E, Gurgen S, , Castellano M, , Kremer N, , Pompe N, Wörner J, Hoffmann A, Thomann R, Emen FM, Weber S, Ocakoglu K, Erdem E. (2018) Synergetic effects of Fe3+ doped spinel Li4Ti5O12 nanoparticles on reduced graphene oxide for high surface electrode hybrid supercapacitors. Nanoscale 10:1877–1884, 4CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 17.Qiu Y, Fan H, Chang X, Dang H, Luo CZ (2018) Novel ultrathin Bi2O3 nanowires for supercapacitor electrode materials with high performance. Mater Lett 434:1–20Google Scholar
- 19.Pang H, Wei C, Li X, Li G, Ma Y, Li S, Chen J, Zhang J (2014) Microwave-assisted synthesis of NiS2 nanostructures for supercapacitors and cocatalytic enhancing photocatalytic H2 production. Sci Rep 4:1–8Google Scholar
- 21.Nair N, Majumder S, Sankapal BR. (2018) Pseudocapacitive behavior of unidirectional CdS nanoforest in 3D architecture through solution chemistry 659: 105–111Google Scholar
- 38.Nakamoto K (1963) Infrared spectra of inorganic and coordination compounds. John Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 39.Behnoudnia F, Dehghani H (2014) Anion effect on the control of morphology for NiC2O4·2H2O nanostructures as precursors for synthesis of Ni(OH)2 and NiO nanostructures and their application for removing heavy metal ions of cadmium(II) and lead(II). Dalton Trans 43:3471–3478CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar