Lithium ion conductivity of solid solutions based on Li8ZrO6
Lithium ion conductivity of lithium hexaoxozirconate Li8ZrO6 doped by Mg2+, Sr2+, Nb5+, V5+, and Ce4+ cations was studied using impedance spectroscopy. The NMR data indicate that in the low-temperature region, lithium ion migration takes place by exchange of Li+ among tetra- and octahedral positions. Data of Raman spectroscopy suggest that the potential reason for the sharp increase of Li8ZrO6 and its solid solutions’ conductivity near 700 K may be melting of LiOH which occurs as a result of interaction between samples and atmospheric moisture.
KeywordsSolid electrolytes Lithium ion conductivity Lithium hexaoxozirconate Lithium batteries Raman spectroscopy Nuclear magnetic resonance
The authors are grateful to S.V. Plaksin and E.G. Vovkotrub. The research has been carried out with the equipment of the Shared Access Center “Composition of Compounds” of the Institute of High-Temperature Electrochemistry of Ural Branch of RAS, Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation.
- 1.Cao С, Li ZB, Wang XL, Zhao XB, Han WQ (2014) Recent advances in inorganic solid electrolytes for lithium batteries. Front Energy Res 2. https://doi.org/10.3389/fenrg.2014.00025
- 11.Shchelkanova МS, Pantyukhina MI, Antonov BD, Kalashnova AV (2014) Produce new solid electrolytes based on the Li8-xZr1-xVxO6. Butlerov Commun (in Russian) 38:96–102Google Scholar
- 13.Andreev OL, Pantyukhina MI, Martem'yanova ZS, Batalov NN (2003) Ionic conductivity and thermodynamic properties of solid electrolytes based on lithium orthozirconate. Electrochemical Energetic 3:86–90 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 19.PDF2 (JCPDS-ICCD) (Joint committee of powder diffraction standards)Google Scholar
- 21.Ramdani A, Brice JF (1981) Etude des proprietes de conduction electrique du Ferrite Li5FeO4. Ann Chim 6:569–578Google Scholar
- 27.Pantyukhina MI, Andreev OL, Antonov BD, Batalov NN (2002) Synthesis and electrical properties of lithium zirconates. Russ J Inorg Chem 47:1630–1633Google Scholar
- 29.Charton S, Maupoix C, Delaunay F, Saviot L, Bernard F (2016) Experimental investigation on lithium hydride hydrolysis. Thesis, Lyon (France), WHEC16Google Scholar
- 31.Harbach F, Ficher F (1975) Raman spectra of lithium hydroxide single crystals. J Phys Cha Solids 36:60l–603lGoogle Scholar