Letter to the Editor replying to Armen Nersesyan about the article published in Clinical Oral Investigations tilted “Smoking increases the frequency of micronuclei in the oral mucosa of adults relative to non-smokers—a systematic review and meta-analysis”
Letter to the Editor
- 40 Downloads
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
For this type of study, formal consent is not required.
- 9.Plamadeala C, Wojcik A, Creanga D (2015) Micronuclei versus chromosomal aberrations induced by X-ray in radiosensitive mammalian cells. Iran J Public Health 44:325–331Google Scholar
- 14.Farhadi S, Mohamadi M, Mohamadi M (2017) Repair index in examination of nuclear changes in the buccal mucosa of smokers: a useful method for screening of oral cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 18:3087–3090Google Scholar
- 15.Francis PG, Thomas M, Antony V, Shaloob M, Hassan KJ, Roshan G (2017) Cytomorphometric analysis on the effects of components of orthodontic appliances on the epithelial cells of the buccal mucosa. J Int Soc Prev Community Dent 7:142–146. https://doi.org/10.4103/jispcd.JISPCD_58_17. Epub 2017 May 22.
- 16.Sharbatdaran M, Abbaszadeh H, Siadati S, Ranaee M, Hajian-Tilaki K, Rajabi-Moghaddam M (2017) Assessment of oral cytological features in smokers and nonsmokers after application of toluidine blue. Diagn Cytopathol 45:513–519. https://doi.org/10.1002/dc.23706. Epub 2017 Mar 10.
- 19.Mr P, Guruprasad Y, Jose M, Saxena K, K D, Prabhu V (2014) Comparative study of genotoxicity in different tobacco related habits using micronucleus assay in exfoliated buccal epithelial cells. J Clin Diagn Res 8:ZC21–ZC24Google Scholar
- 20.Palaskar S, Jindal C (2010) Evaluation of micronuclei using Papanicolaou and May Grunwald Giemsa stain in individuals with different tobacco habits – a comparative study. J Clin Diagnost Res 4:3607–3613Google Scholar
- 23.Bonassi S, Biasotti B, Kirsch-Volders M, Knasmueller S, Zeiger E, Burgaz S, Bolognesi C, Holland N, Thomas P, Fenech M (2009) HUMNXL project consortium. State of the art survey of the buccal micronucleus assay--a first stage in the HUMN(XL) project initiative. Mutagenesis 24:295–302CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.Mahimkar MB, Samant TA, Kannan S, Patil T (2010) Influence of genetic polymorphisms on frequency of micronucleated buccal epithelial cells in leukoplakia patients. Oral Oncol 46:761–766. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oraloncology.2010.08.009. CrossRefGoogle Scholar
© Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2019