63,65Cu NQR Spectra and Spin–Lattice Relaxation in Thermoelectric CuAlO2
- 97 Downloads
The 63,65Cu nuclear quadrupole resonance spectra and spin–lattice relaxation rate (1/T1) have been measured in the semiconductor compound CuAlO2. The value of the nuclei quadrupole interaction constant QCC = 56.24(6) MHz (T = 298 K) has been obtained. The broad maximum has been found in the temperature dependence of 1/T1 in the low-temperature region (below 276 K). This maximum can be associated with the presence of energy levels in the forbidden band. The activation energy has been estimated in CuAlO2 [EA = 45(2) meV], assuming the activation character of the mobility of holes.
The research was carried out within the state assignment of the Federal Agency for Scientific Organizations Russia (theme “Spin” no. AAAA-A18-118020290104-2) and partially supported by the project of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences no. 18-10-2-37.
- 2.D.J. Singh, Phys. Rev. B 77, 126 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.A. Abragam, The Principles of Nuclear Magnetism (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1961), p. 599Google Scholar
- 9.A.G. Zalazinskij, V.F. Balakirev, N.M. Chebotaev, G.I. Chufarov, Zhurn. Neorg. Khimii 14, 624 (1969)Google Scholar
- 10.Bruker. Almanac2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.A. Abragam, The Principles of Nuclear Magnetism (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1961), p. 599Google Scholar
- 16.C.P. Slichter, Principles of Magnetic Resonance (Harper & Row, New York, 1963), p. 246Google Scholar