A crack along a part of an interface electrode in a piezoelectric bimaterial under anti-plane mechanical and in-plane electric loadings
- 24 Downloads
An electrically conducting crack along a part of an electrode in the interface of a piezoelectric bimaterial under the action of anti-plane mechanical and in-plane electric loadings is analyzed. The electrode is assumed to be much thinner than the piezoelectric material, and therefore, its mechanical properties are neglected. Using special representations of field variables via sectionally analytic functions, a combined Dirichlet–Riemann boundary value problem is formulated and solved analytically. Explicit expressions for the shear stress, the electric field and the crack faces’ sliding displacement are derived. These quantities are also presented graphically along the corresponding parts of the material interface. The intensity factors for stress and electric field are determined as well. The dependencies of the mentioned values on the magnitude of the external electric loading and different ratios of the crack and electrode lengths are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Part of this work was executed during a stay of V. G. at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). The authors gratefully acknowledge the support from KIT by funding the guest stay of V. G.
- 5.Govorukha, V., Kamlah, M., Loboda, V., Lapusta, Y.: An electrically permeable crack between two different piezoelectric materials. In: Wriggers, P., Eberhard, P. (eds.) Fracture mechanics of piezoelectric solids with interface cracks. Lecture Notes in Applied and Computational Mechanics, vol. 83, pp. 59–95. Springer (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Gradshteyn, I.S., Ryzhik, I.M.: Tables of Integrals, Series and Products. Academic Press, New York (1965)Google Scholar
- 11.Li, X.F., Duan, X.Y.: Electroelastic analysis of a piezoelectric layer with electrodes. Int. J. Fract. 111, L73–L78 (2001)Google Scholar
- 16.Muskhelisvili, N.I.: Singular Integral Equations. Noordhoff, Groningen (1953b)Google Scholar
- 23.Parton, V.Z., Kudryavtsev, B.A.: Electromagnetoelasticity. Gordon and Breach, New York (1998)Google Scholar