Lamb waves in functionally graded plates with transverse inhomogeneity
- 36 Downloads
Propagation of harmonic Lamb waves in plates made of functionally graded materials with transverse inhomogeneity is studied by the modified Cauchy six-dimensional formalism. For arbitrary transverse inhomogeneity, a closed-form dispersion equation is derived. Dispersion relations for materials with different kinds of inhomogeneity are obtained and compared.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu, G.R., Tani, J., Ohyoshi, T.: Lamb waves in a functionally gradient material plates and its transient response. Part 1: Theory; Part 2: calculation result. Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng. 57A, 131–42 (1991)Google Scholar
- 2.Koizumi, M.: The concept of FGM. Ceram. Trans. Funct. Gradient Mater. 34, 3–10 (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, G.R., Tani, J.: Surface waves in functionally gradient piezoelectric plates. Trans. ASME. 116, 440–448 (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Amor, M.B., Ghozlen, M.H.B.: Lamb waves propagation in functionally graded piezoelectric materials by Peano-series method. Ultrasonics 4905, 1–5 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Chao, Xu, Zexing, Yu.: Numerical simulation of elastic wave propagation in functionally graded cylinders using time-domain spectral finite element method. Adv. Mech. Eng. 9(11), 1–17 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Djeran-Maigre, I., Kuznetsov, S.V.: Soliton-like Lamb waves in layered media. In: Vila, R.P. (ed.) Waves in Fluids and Solids, pp. 53–68. IntechOpen, Maidenhead (2011)Google Scholar