Pseudo-three-component synthesis of substituted 1,2,4-triazolo[1,5-a]pyridines
- 31 Downloads
Heterocyclic 1,2,4-triazoles and their derivatives, such as triazolopyridines, have been used as leading components for the synthesis of numerous heterocyclic compounds; and because of their various biological activities, they have a distinct location in pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry. In this article, we demonstrate a new way of synthesizing 1,2,4-triazolo[1,5-a]pyridine derivatives, as a one-pot pseudo-three-component reaction, via the reaction of pyridine-2-(1H)-one derivatives and 1,4-cyclohexadione in the adjacency of acetic acid both as solvent and an inexpensive and green catalyst at 50 °C. The desired products were synthesized in good yields, and the chemical structure of the synthesized compounds was recognized using 1H and 13C NMR spectra, FT-IR, melting point, mass spectroscopy, and elementary analysis.
KeywordsGreen synthesis 1,4-Cyclohexadione 1,2,4-Triazolo[1,5-a]pyridine Pseudo-three-component reaction Pyridine-2-(1H)-one derivatives
We are grateful to the Research Council of the University of Sistan and Baluchestan for their support of this work.
- 8.Aelami Z, Maghsoodlou MT, Hydari R (2019) Chem Sel 4:5315Google Scholar
- 12.Katritzky AR, Ress CW, Scriven EFV (1996) Comprehensive heterocyclic chemistry II. Pergamon Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 13.Katritzky AR, Ramsden CA, Scriven EFV, Taylor RJK (2008) Comprehensive heterocyclic chemistry III. Pergamon Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 19.Harb AA (2004) Chem Pap 58:260Google Scholar
- 22.Phadak RC, Rangnekar DW (1986) Synthesis 860Google Scholar
- 25.Luethy C, Hall RG, Edmunds A, Riley S, Diggelmann M (2008) Preparation of triazolopyridines as herbicides. PCT Int Appl WO 2008006540. Chem Abstr 148:168724Google Scholar
- 26.Abel U, Depp H, Feurer A, Gradler U, Ott I, Matassa VG (2006) Preparation of [1,2,4]triazolo[4,3-a]pyridine derivatives for treatment of hyperproliferative diseases. PTC Int Appl WO 06058752. Chem Abstr 145:46065Google Scholar
- 30.Yu G, Li J, Ewing WR, Sulsky RB, Li JJ, Tino JA (2004) Preparation of heterocyclic aromatic compounds useful as growth hormone secretagogues. PCT Int Appl WO 2004021984. Chem Abstr 140:270858Google Scholar
- 31.Zimmermann PJ, Brehm C, Palmer A, Chiesa MV, Simon W-A, Postius S, Kromer W, Buhr W (2005) Preparation of 1,2,4-triazolo[4,3-a]pyridines for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. PCT Int Appl WO 2005077947. Chem Abstr 143:229865Google Scholar
- 33.Chang JJ, Wang Y, Zhang HZ, Zhou CH, Geng RX, Ji QG (2011) Chem J Chin Univ 32:1985 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 34.Bai X, Zhou CH, Mi JL (2007) Chem Res Appl 19:1729 (in Chinese)Google Scholar