Rapid synthesis of a highly active and uniform 3-dimensional SERS substrate for on-spot sensing of dopamine
- 134 Downloads
A rapid method is described for the preparation of a highly uniform and sensitive SERS substrate by an improved ‘drop-and-dry’ method. Gold nanobipyramids (Au NBPs) were prepared inside the nanoholes (nanowalls) of anodic aluminum oxide (AAO) templates with a typically 5-μm nanohole depth. The SERS substrate can be prepared by this method within 40 s and on large scale. The SERS signals obtained with this Au NBPs-AAO substrate is stronger by four-orders of magnitude compared to conventional a silicon wafer substrate. The SERS signal for dopamine (DA; measured at 1311 cm−1) is found to be enhanced by a factor of 2.2 × 108. The response to DA extends from 10 nM to 0.1 mM, and the limit of detection is 6.5 nM (at S/N = 3). The assay was applied to the determination of DA in spiked human serum.
KeywordsSurface enhanced Raman spectroscopy Improved ‘drop-and-dry’ method Uniform SERS substrate Gold nanobipyramids On-spot detection
This project was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21675028, 21575027, 21507041 and 21575025), Nature Sciences Funding of Fujian Province (2018 J01682), STS Key Project of Fujian Province (2017 T3007), the cooperative project of production and study in University of Fujian Province (2018Y4007), and the Program for Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in University (IRT_15R11).
Compliance with ethical standards
The author(s) declare that they have no competing interests.
- 2.Chen JM, Huang YJ, Kannan P, Zhang L, Lin ZY, Zhang JW, Chen T, Guo LH (2016) Flexible and adhesive surface enhance Raman scattering active tape for rapid detection of pesticide residues in fruits and vegetables. Anal Chem 88:2149–2155. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.analchem.5b03735 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 4.Lee YH, Shi W, Lee HK, Jiang R, Phang IY, Cui Y, Isa L, Yang Y, Wang J, Li S, Ling XY (2015) Nanoscale surface chemistry directs the tunable assembly of silver octahedra into three two-dimensional plasmonic superlattices. Nat Commun 6:6990. https://doi.org/10.1038/ncomms7990 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 26.Lopez-Lorente AI, Picca RA, Izquierdo J, Kranz C, Mizaikoff B, Di Franco C, Cardenas S, Cioffi N, Palazzo G, Valentini A (2018) Ion beam sputtering deposition of silver nanoparticles and TiOx/ZnO nanocomposites for use in surface enhanced vibrational spectroscopy (SERS and SEIRAS). Microchim Acta 185:153. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00604-018-2708-7 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 27.Shorie M, Kumar V, Kaur H, Singh K, Tomer VK, Sabherwal P (2018) Plasmonic DNA hotspots made from tungsten disulfide nanosheets and gold nanoparticles for ultrasensitive aptamer-based SERS detection of myoglobin. Microchim Acta 185:158. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00604-018-2705-x CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 29.Gubernator NG, Zhang H, Staal RGW, Mosharov EV, Pereira DB, Yue M, Balsanek V, Vadola PA, Mukherjee B, Edwards RH, Sulzer D, Sames D (2009) Fluorescent false neurotransmitters visualize dopamine release from individual presynaptic terminals. Science 324(5933):1441–1444. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1172278 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar