A composite prepared from a metal-organic framework of type MIL-101(Fe) and morin-modified magnetite nanoparticles for extraction and speciation of vanadium(IV) and vanadium(V)
- 122 Downloads
A novel magnetic metal-organic framework (MOF) consisting of MIL-101(Fe) and morin-modified magnetite nanoparticles was synthesized and utilized for the extractive speciation analysis of V(IV) and V(V) at trace levels. The magnetic MOF exhibits selectivity toward V(V) at pH = 5.8. The concentration of V(IV) can be determined after its oxidation to V(V) and extracting total vanadium. After sorption and elution steps, vanadium can be determined by ETAAS. Under the optimal conditions, the limit of detection, linearity and the relative standard deviation for V(V) are 3.0 ng L−1, 10–750 ng L−1 and 6.0%, respectively. The new method was validated by employing two certified reference materials. Finally, the method was successfully utilized for fast and selective speciation analysis of V(IV) and V(V) in water and food samples.
KeywordsSpeciation analysis Magnetic metal-organic framework Selective extraction Nanosorbent
Compliance with ethical standards
The author(s) declare that they have no competing interests.
- 4.Rocío-Bautista P, Martínez-Benito C, Pino V, Pasán J, Ayala JH, Ruiz-Pérez C, Afonso AM (2015) The metal-organic framework HKUST-1 as efficient sorbent in a vortex-assisted dispersive micro solid-phase extraction of parabens from environmental waters, cosmetic creams, and human urine. Talanta 139:13–20CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Dargahi R, Ebrahimzadeh H, Asgharinezhad AA, Hashemzadeh A, Amini MM (2018) Dispersive magnetic solid-phase extraction of phthalate esters from water samples and human plasma based on a nanosorbent composed of MIL-101 (Cr) metal–organic framework and magnetite nanoparticles before their determination by GC-MS. J Sep Sci 41:948–957CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Taghizadeh M, Asgharinezhad AA, Pooladi M, Barzin M, Abbaszadeh A, Tadjarodi A (2013) A novel magnetic metal organic framework nanocomposite for extraction and preconcentration of heavy metal ions, and its optimization via experimental design methodology. Microchim Acta 180:1073–1084CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Lv F, Gan N, Huang J, Hu F, Cao Y, Zhou Y, Dong Y, Zhang L, Jiang S (2017) A poly-dopamine based metal-organic framework coating of the type PDA-MIL-53 (Fe) for ultrasound-assisted solid-phase microextraction of polychlorinated biphenyls prior to their determination by GC-MS. Microchim Acta 184:2561–2568CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Tafti EN, Dadfarnia S, Shabani AM, Firouzabadi ZD (2018) Determination of vanadium species in water, vegetables, and fruit samples using supramolecular solvent microextraction combined with electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometry. J Iran Chem Soc 15:1899–1906. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13738-018-1387-y CrossRefGoogle Scholar