An Experimental Study on Infrared Radiation Characteristics of Sandstone Samples Under Uniaxial Loading
- 133 Downloads
The failure of surrounding strata in the excavation faces is the root cause of some disasters, including roof caving, coal pillar instability, and water inrushes, during the extraction of coal resource. Identifying the abnormal phenomena and precursor information before rock failure forms an important theoretical foundations of achieving safety operation in coal mines. The infrared radiation (IR) on the surface of rock will change during loading process (Luong 1990; Freund et al. 2007; Gong 2013). By monitoring the IR, the deformation and failure characteristics of rock can be obtained (Sheinin and Blokhin 2012; Mineo and Pappalardo 2016; Sun et al. 2017; Fiorucci et al. 2018), reliable information for predicting rock failure precursors may be obtained, as well (Wu et al. 2015; Salami et al. 2017). In addition, the water content affects the IR characteristics during the failure of rock (Liu et al. 2010).
To quantitatively characterize the IR from the rock surface during...
KeywordsInfrared radiation (IR) Stress rate (SR) Variance of differential infrared image temperature (VDIIT) Control effect Mutation coefficient
This paper was supported by the National Key Basic Research Program of China (973 Program) (2015CB251600), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51874280), the State Key Laboratory of Coal Resources and Safe Mining, CUMT (SKLCRSM13X03), the Key Laboratory of Mine Geological Hazards Mechanism and Control (KF2017-02) and the Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (PAPD).
- Liu SJ, Wu LX, Zhang YB, Chen QL (2010) Change feature of infrared radiation from loaded damp rock. J Northeast Univ 31(2):1034–1038Google Scholar
- Liu SJ, Wei JL, Huang JW, Wu LX, Zhang YB, Tian BZ (2015) Quantitative analysis methods of infrared radiation temperature field variation in rock loading process. Chin J Rock Mech Eng 34(S1):2968–2976Google Scholar
- Ma LQ, Zhang Y, Sun H, Wang SK, Najeem A (2017) Experimental study on dependence of infrared radiation on stress for coal fracturing process. J China Coal Soc 42(1):140–147Google Scholar
- Pappalardo G (2017) First results of infrared thermography applied to the evaluation of hydraulic conductivity in rock masses. Hydrogeol J 26(6):1–12Google Scholar
- Wu XZ, Gao X, Liu XX, Zhao K (2015) Abnormality of infrared temperature mutation in the process of saturated siltstone failure. J China Coal Soc 40(S2):328–336Google Scholar
- Yang Y, Wu XZ, Liu H, Zhou LJ (2017) Research on thermal image evolution characteristics of siltstone under uniaxial compression based on Euclidean distance. China Min Mag 26(3):132–135Google Scholar