Impact of design parameters on working stability of the electrothermal V-shaped actuator
- 14 Downloads
This paper mentions a detail calculation of the equivalent dynamic parameters in differential equations of motion of the electrothermal V-shaped actuator. A heat transfer model for a thin beam (including the dependence of material properties on the temperature) is applied in order to solve more exactly temperature distribution and displacement of V-shaped beam system. Comparing the values of displacement in both calculation and simulation confirmed a higher accuracy of proposed equations. Moreover, a related formula between the minimum conversion stiffness and driving voltage amplitude is analyzed and examined to avoid the buckling phenomenon may occur in V-shaped beam system while working at a high voltage.
This research is funded by Vietnam National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED) under grant number: “107.01-2019.05”.
- Enikov ET, Kedar SS, Lazarov KV (2004) Analytical and experimental analysis of folded beam and V-shaped thermal microactuators. In: SEM 10th international congress expo. Costa Mesa, CaliforniaGoogle Scholar
- Gere JM (2004) Mechanics of materials, 6th edn. Thomson, StamfordGoogle Scholar
- Hull R (1999) Properties of crystalline silicon. INSPEC, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Zhang Z, Yu Y, Zhang X (2018) Vibration analysis of V-shaped beam electrothermal microactuators. In: Proceeding 2nd international conference on cybernetics, robotics and control. CRC 2017, pp 80–84Google Scholar
- Zhao Y-L, Hu T-J, Li X-Y, Jiang Z-D, Ren W, Bai Y-W (2015) Design and characterization of a large displacement electro-thermal actuator for a new kind of safety-and-arming device. Energy Harvest Syst 2(3–4):143–148Google Scholar