Design of a packaging-friendly double-topology RF MEMS switch for space applications
- 98 Downloads
This article presents the results of the research, design and a series of manufacturing steps of an RF-MEMS switch to be used in space communication systems. Design and measurement results are discussed. Double-topology geometry for anodic bonding is presented.
This work has been supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation under the Federal target program “Research and Development in Priority Directions of the Russian Science and Technology Complex in 2014–2020”; contract no. 14.579.21.0137; unique project identifier RFMEFI57916X0137. Experiments have been performed using the equipment of MIPT Shared Facilities Centre.
- Alagashev GK, Savin EA (2017) Development of RF MEMS cantilever beam to maximize capacitance in an activated state. Int J Appl Eng Res 12(15):5169–5172Google Scholar
- De Pasquale G, Veijola T, Somà A (2009) Modelling and validation of air damping in perforated gold and silicon MEMS plates. J Micromech Microeng 20(1):1–12Google Scholar
- http://www.btlabs.ru/. Accessed 20 Apr 2018
- http://russianspacesystems.ru/. Accessed 20 Apr 2018
- https://mipt.ru/about/departments/ckpn/. Accessed 20 Apr 2018
- Iannacci J (2003) Practical guide to RF-MEMS. Wiley-VCH, SingaporeGoogle Scholar
- Sano K et al (2006) RF MEMS switch up to 20 GHz with wafer level packaging. In: Transaction of the society of instrument and control engineers, vol E-S-1(1) 11/15Google Scholar
- Seki T (2004) Recent progress in packaging of RF MEMS. In: Compound semiconductor integrated circuit symposium proceedingsGoogle Scholar
- Zhukov AA et al (2006) The way of manufacturing via-holes in silicon substrates. Patent RF RU 2 629 926 C1MПК H01L 21/768 from 04.09.17 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Zhukov AA et al (2017) Profile, morphology and elemental composition of the via micro-holes surfaces in silicon wafers. In: Surface, X-ray, synchrotron and neutron research 10, pp 38–43 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Zhukov AA, Grebenyuk EI, Sagitov GM (2017) Diffraction control method of the via micro-holes in the precise devises. Devices 5:29–36 (in Russian) Google Scholar