Design and feasibility study of roots-type power machine rotor based on numerical simulation
- 33 Downloads
In this paper, a new type of low-pressure steam generator, roots-type power machine, is proposed to solve the shortcomings of medium- and low-temperature waste heat energy recovery. The rotor is systematically studied by means of theoretical analysis, numerical simulation and experimental verification. Firstly, the motion law of roots-type power machine is analyzed theoretically. According to the rotor profile characteristics, the rotor profile structure is divided and the parameter equation is established. In order to verify the feasibility of the designed rotor, the pressure field, velocity field and mass flow field inside the roots-type power machine where the rotor is located are analyzed by numerical simulation method. Finally, a test platform is built to test the power output characteristics, load characteristics and flow characteristics of the roots-type power machine. The feasibility of the rotor profile design method and the reliability of the rotor mathematical model are verified. The results show that the design of the rotor profile can meet the power generation requirements of the roots-type power machine. The rotor profile design method provides a new idea and strong theoretical guidance and basis for the design of the rotor of the subsequent roots-type power machine. Moreover, the development of the roots-type power machine will have a profound impact on the recycling and energy saving of low-temperature waste heat resources.
KeywordsRoots-type power machine Rotor Profile lines Numerical simulation Test
This work was financially supported by Tianjin Science and Technology Project (15JCTPJC62400).
- 1.Shi T (2011) Establishment of a mathematic model of roots blower impellers. For Mach Woodwork Equip 395:31–33Google Scholar
- 2.Wang J, Liu K, Zheng C (2012) Construction of perfect meshing profile of rotors for roots blowe. Fluid Mach 405:30–33Google Scholar
- 3.Liu L, Chu J, Jianzhong H (2007) Study on profile of roots vacuum pump rotor. Mach Des 243:65–67Google Scholar
- 4.Ye X, Wang Y (1989) Deduction and calculation of the practical linear formula of roots pump rotor. Vacuum 5:49–54Google Scholar
- 5.Wu X, Zhou Y, Zheng Z et al (2017) Flow simulation and optimization of zinc pump by fluent software. Mod Ind Econ Inf 7(13):32–33Google Scholar
- 7.Wang ZY, Qi LI, Shi Y et al (2016) Research on the characteristics of contact lines and dynamic balance of a kind of twin screw vacuum pump rotor. Vacuum 53(1):32–36Google Scholar
- 9.Yanjun X, Chunxia L, Dayuan W (2014) Parameter design and performance analysis of roots-steam engine. Hydromechatron Eng 24:93–97Google Scholar
- 12.Shen Y (2000) Process analysis and experimental investigation on a scroll expander. Cryog Eng 4:24–28Google Scholar
- 13.Liu Zhengxian X, Lianhuan ZX (2010) Unsteady numerical simulation and analysis of the flow fluctuation in the roots blower. J Aerosp Power 223:401–405Google Scholar