Solving cloud vendor selection problem using intuitionistic fuzzy decision framework
- 115 Downloads
This paper presents a new decision-making framework called cloud vendor selector (CVS) for effective selection of cloud vendors by mitigating the challenge of unreasonable criteria weight assignment and improper management of uncertainty. The CVS comprises of two stages where, in the first stage, decision-makers’ intuitionistic fuzzy-valued preferences are aggregated using newly proposed extended simple Atanassov’s intuitionistic weighted geometry operator. Further, in the second stage, criteria weights are estimated by using newly proposed intuitionistic fuzzy statistical variance method and finally, ranking of cloud vendor (CV) is done using newly proposed three-way VIKOR method under intuitionistic fuzzy environment which introduces neutral category along with cost and benefit for better understanding the nature of criteria. An illustrative example of CV selection is demonstrated to show the practicality and usefulness of the proposed framework. Finally, the strength and weakness of the proposal are realized from both theoretic and numeric context by comparison with other methods.
KeywordsCloud vendor Decision making Intuitionistic fuzzy set Standard variance Three-way VIKOR
This study was funded by University Grants Commission (UGC), India (Grant No. F./2015-17/RGNF-2015-17-TAM-83) and Department of Science and Technology (DST), India (Grant No. SR/FST/ETI-349/2013).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
All authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- 6.Whaiduzzaman M, Gani A, Anuar NB et al (2014) Cloud service selection using multicriteria decision analysis. Sci World J 2014:1–10Google Scholar
- 7.Zheng X, Da Xu L, Chai S (2017) Ranking-based cloud service recommendation. In: 2017 IEEE International conference on edge computing, pp 136–141Google Scholar
- 9.Arman A, Foresti S, Livraga G et al (2016) A consensus-based approach for selecting cloud plans. In: 2016 IEEE 2nd international forum on research and technologies for society and industry leveraging a better tomorrow. RTSI 2016, pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 10.Wibowo S, Grandhi S, Wells M et al (2016) A multicriteria group decision making procedure for selecting cloud based ERP system providers. In: 2016 12th international conference on natural computation, fuzzy systems and knowledge discovery, pp 1071–1076Google Scholar
- 11.Alabool HM, Mahmood AK (2016) A novel evaluation model for improving trust level of infrastructure as a service. In: 2015 international symposium on mathematical sciences and computing research. iSMSC 2015—Proceedings, pp 162–167Google Scholar
- 13.Khan MZ, Qamar U (2016) Towards service evaluation and ranking model for cloud infrastructure selection. In: Proceedings—2015 IEEE 12th international conference on ubiquitous intelligence and computing. 2015 IEEE 12th international conference on advanced and trusted computing. 2015 IEEE 15th international conference on scalable computing and communications, pp 1282–1287Google Scholar
- 14.Jiang Y, Zhao X (2015) SLA-oriented service selection in cloud environment: a PROMETHEE-based approach. In: 2015 4th international conference on computer science and network technology, pp 872–875Google Scholar
- 15.Supriya M, Sangeeta K, Patra GK (2016) Trustworthy cloud service provider selection using multi criteria decision making methods. Eng Lett 24(1):1–10Google Scholar
- 16.Kaneko R, Pavarangkoon P, Oki E (2016) Virtual machine selection scheme considering reliability for cloud services. In: 2015 21st Asia-Pacific conference communications. APCC 2015, pp 404–409Google Scholar
- 17.Wagle SS, Guzek M, Bouvry P et al (2016) An evaluation model for selecting cloud services from commercially available cloud providers. In: Proceedings—IEEE 7th international conference on cloud computing technology and science. Cloud Com 2015, pp 107–114Google Scholar
- 18.Zhu H, Wu L, Huang K et al (2016) Research on methods for discovering and selecting cloud infrastructure services based on feature modeling. Math Probl Eng 1:1–19Google Scholar
- 19.Jalloh MM, Zhu S, Fang F et al (2015) On selecting composite network-cloud services: a quality-of-service based approach. In: Proceedings of 2015 conference on research in adaptive and convergent systems, pp 242–246Google Scholar
- 21.Singh H, Randhawa R (2015) CPSEL: Cloud provider selection framework for ranking and selection of cloud provider. Int J Appl Eng Res 10(7):18787–18810Google Scholar
- 30.Xu Z, Liao H (2015) Intuitionistic fuzzy analytic hierarchy process. IEEE Trans Fuzzy Syst 22(4):1–14Google Scholar