Darcy–Forchheimer stretched flow of MHD Maxwell material with heterogeneous and homogeneous reactions
- 456 Downloads
The intention here is to explore the effectiveness of magnetic field and heterogeneous–homogeneous reactions in flow induced by heated sheet moving with nonlinear velocity. Constitutive expression for an incompressible Maxwell material is taken into account. Consideration of Darcy–Forchheimer relation characterizes the porous medium effect. Developed nonlinear problems are calculated for meaningful expression of velocity, temperature and concentration. Characteristics for the significant variables on the physical quantities are graphically addressed. Our analysis indicates that impacts of larger Deborah number and inertia coefficient on velocity distribution are qualitatively similar. It is also observed that concentration has reverse behavior for strength of homogeneous and heterogeneous reaction parameters.
KeywordsMaxwell liquid MHD Darcy–Forchheimer stretched flow Newtonian heating Heterogeneous and homogeneous reactions
Useful comments of reviewer are appreciated. Also we thank for financial support of this research King Fahd University of petroleum and Minerals through project Code. IN 151027.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
It is declared that we have no conflict of interest.
- 4.Das K, Sharma RP, Sarkar A (2016) Heat and mass transfer of a second grade magnetohydrodynamic fluid over a convectively heated stretching sheet. J Comput Des Eng 3:330–336Google Scholar
- 7.Hayat T, Bashir G, Waqas M, Alsaedi A (2016) MHD flow of Jeffrey liquid due to a nonlinear radially stretched sheet in presence of Newtonian heating. Res Phys 6:817–823Google Scholar
- 24.Darcy H (2004) Les Fontaines publiques de la ville de dijon (The Public Fountains of the City of Dijon) English translation by Patricia Bobeck, Kendall, in, Hunt Publishing Co.Google Scholar
- 46.Khan WA, Khan M (2016) Impact of thermophoresis particle deposition on three-dimensional radiative flow of Burgers fluid. Res Phys 6:829–836Google Scholar
- 50.Hayat T, Waqas M, Shehzad SA, Alsaedi A (2016) Mixed convection stagnation-point flow of Powell–Eyring fluid with Newtonian heating, thermal radiation, and heat generation/absorption. J Aerospace Eng 04016077Google Scholar
- 51.Hayat T, Khan MI, Waqas M, Alsaedi A (2017) Newtonian heating effect in nanofluid flow by a permeable cylinder. Res Phys 7:256–262Google Scholar