Improvement of an outsourced attribute-based encryption scheme
- 111 Downloads
Attribute-based encryption (ABE) scheme has become an important technology in cryptography. However, the considerable overhead of encryption and decryption restricts its application on the devices with limited resource. Fortunately, as the development of cloud computing, someone presents that outsourcing decryption and encryption can be used to deal with the problem. This idea has drawn a lot of attention after being proposed. Recently, Li et al. put forward an efficient verifiable outsourced ABE scheme which outsources the encryption and decryption to the cloud server and enables its valid receivers to verify the correctness of the message after decrypting. However, in this paper, we prove that their scheme is not secure under chosen plaintext attack which is the basic security requirement of ABE scheme. Then, we improve their scheme and illustrate that the improved scheme is adaptive chosen ciphertext attack (CCA2) secure in the random oracle model. The final comparison shows that we do not add extra computational burden to improve the security.
KeywordsAttribute-based encryption Outsourced encryption Outsourced decryption Cloud computing CCA2
This study was funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) under Grant No. 61472066, and the Sichuan Science and Technology Program (Nos. 2018GZ0180, 2018GZ0085, 2017GZDZX002).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that there are no conflicts of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- Beimel A (1996) Secure schemes for secret sharing and key distribution. Technion-Israel Institute of technology, Faculty of computer scienceGoogle Scholar
- Bethencourt J, Sahai A, Waters B (2007) Ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption. In: 2007 IEEE symposium on security and privacy (SP ’07) (2007), pp 321–334. https://doi.org/10.1109/SP.2007.11
- Goyal V, Pandey O, Sahai A, Waters B (2006) Attribute-based encryption for fine-grained access control of encrypted data. In: Proceedings of the 13th ACM conference on Computer and communications security. ACM, pp 89–98. https://doi.org/10.1145/1180405.1180418
- Green M, Hohenberger S, Waters B (2011) Outsourcing the decryption of abe ciphertexts. In: SEC’11 Proceedings of the 20th USENIX conference on Security, p 34Google Scholar
- Pooja R, Pavan B, Apoorva P (2017) Access control with anonymous authentication of data stored in clouds using abe algorithm. In: 2017 International conference on communication and signal processing (ICCSP), IEEE, pp 909–912. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCSP.2017.8286501
- Yang X, Yang M, Yang P, Q L (2017) A multi-authority attribute-based encryption access control for social network. In: 2017 3rd IEEE international conference on control science and systems engineering (ICCSSE), IEEE, pp 671–674. https://doi.org/10.1109/CCSSE.2017.8088017