A fuzzy entropy technique for dimensionality reduction in recommender systems using deep learning
- 20 Downloads
Recommenders utilize the knowledge discovery-based methods for identifying information required by the user. The recommender system faces some serious challenges in recent years to access exponentially increasing information due to high number of Web site users. Some of the challenges posed in this respect are: The system should assure high-quality recommendations and high coverage even during data sparsity and produce more recommendations per second based on million users. To improve the performance of the recommender system, selecting appropriate features from the available highly redundant information is a crucial task. The feature selection technique will bring down the dimensionality and also discard the redundant and the noise-corrupted features. The collaborative filtering-based methods will make use of the past activities or the preferences like the user ratings or content information of the products to regulate the top references. This work proposes a fuzzy entropy-based deep learning for the content features as well as a feature selection method. Deep learning-based recommender process takes extended important consideration by overwhelming difficulties of conventional models and attaining high reference excellence. A fuzzy entropy-based feature selection technique lowers the dimensionality of hyperspectral data.
KeywordsRecommender systems Collaborative filtering (CF) Deep learning and fuzzy entropy-based feature selection
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
All procedures performed in studies involving human participants were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institutional and/or national research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki Declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
Informed consent was obtained from all individual participants included in the study.
- Betru BT, Onana CA, Batchakui B (2017) Deep learning methods on recommender system: a survey of state-of-the-art. Int J Comput Appl 162(10):17–22Google Scholar
- Pal M (2011) Fuzzy entropy based feature selection for classification of hyperspectral data. Dimensions and Directions of Geospatial Industry, pp 18–21Google Scholar
- Sarwar B, Karypis G, Konstan J, Riedl J (2000) Application of dimensionality reduction in recommender system-a case study (No. TR-00-043). Minnesota Univ Minneapolis Dept of Computer ScienceGoogle Scholar
- Wang H, Wang N, Yeung DY (2015) Collaborative deep learning for recommender systems. In: Proceedings of the 21th ACM SIGKDD international conference on knowledge discovery and data mining. ACM, pp 1235–1244Google Scholar
- Zheng L (2016) A survey and critique of deep learning on recommender systems. Technical Report, University of Illinois, ChicagoGoogle Scholar