A fuzzified Pareto multiobjective cuckoo search algorithm for power losses minimization incorporating SVC
- 68 Downloads
This paper presents an application of multiobjective cuckoo search (MOCS) algorithm for reduction in transmission line losses by placing static VAR compensator (SVC) at an optimal location. MOCS algorithm is an extension of the infamous cuckoo search algorithm. The multiobjective optimizations considered in this paper include active power loss and reactive power loss, active power loss and investment cost of SVC. The Pareto-optimal solution which is obtained by using the Pareto-optimal method gives the solution to the multiobjective problem. The fuzzy logic approach is used to obtain best trade-off solutions from the Pareto-optimal solution. A standard IEEE 30 bus test system is considered for testing the efficacy of the proposed methodology. The results show that installation of SVC and application of MOCS algorithm is effective in power loss reduction.
KeywordsPower loss minimization Multiobjective cuckoo search algorithm Pareto-optimal solution Optimal location Static VAR compensator
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
All the authors do not have any conflict of interest.
Human and animal rights statement
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- Abdel Moamen MA, Narayana Prasad P (2003) Power flow control and transmission loss minimization model with TCSC for practical power networks. In: IEEE power engineering society general meeting, Toronto, Canada, pp 880–884Google Scholar
- Hingorani NG, Gyugyi L (2000) Understanding FACTS: concepts and technology of flexible AC transmission Systems. IEEE Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Idris RM, Khairuddin A, Mustafa MW (2009) Optimal allocation of FACTS devices for ATC enhancement using bees algorithm. In: IEEE power engineering conference, Adelaide, Australia pp 313–320Google Scholar
- Lu Z, Li MS, Tang WJ, Wu QH (2007) Optimal location of FACTS devices by a bacterial swarming algorithm for reactive power planning. In: IEEE evolutionary computation, Singapore, pp 2344–2349Google Scholar
- Yang XS, Deb S (2009) Cuckoo search via l´evy flights. In: IEEE world congress on nature and biologically inspired computing, Coimbatore, India, pp 210–214Google Scholar