Chinese guidelines for the diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of colorectal liver metastases (version 2018)
- 96 Downloads
The liver is the most common anatomical site for hematogenous metastases of colorectal cancer, and colorectal liver metastases is one of the most difficult and challenging points in the treatment of colorectal cancer. To improve the diagnosis and comprehensive treatment in China, the Guidelines have been edited and revised several times since 2008, including the overall evaluation, personalized treatment goals and comprehensive treatments, to prevent the occurrence of liver metastases, improve the resection rate of liver metastases and survival. The revised Guideline includes the diagnosis and follow-up, prevention, MDT effect, surgery and local ablative treatment, neoadjuvant and adjuvant therapy, and comprehensive treatment, and with advanced experience, latest results, detailed content, and strong operability.
KeywordsColorectal neoplasms Liver metastases Diagnosis Comprehensive treatment Guideline
The members of China CRLM Guideline Group are Yi Ba, Jianhong Bu, Jianhui Cai, Sanjun Cai, Shan Zeng, Zhaochong Zeng, Gong Chen, Yu Chen, Zihua Chen, Zongyou Chen, Jiemin Cheng, Pan Chi, Guanghai Dai, Yong Dai, Yanhong Deng, Kefeng Ding, Xuedong Fang, Chuangang Fu, Jianping Gong, Chunyi Hao, Yulong He, Zhongcheng Huang, Jiafu Ji, Baoqing Jia, Kewei Jiang, Jing Jin, Dalu Kong, Ping Lan, Dechuan Li, Guoli Li, Jin Li, Leping Li, Yunfeng Li, Zhixia Li, Houjie Liang, Xiaobo Liang, Feng Lin, Jianjiang Lin, Hongjun Liu, Tianshu Liu, Yunpeng Liu, Hongming Pan, Zhizhong Pan, Haiping Pei, Tao Peng, Li Ren, Lin Shen, Chun Song, Tianqiang Song, Xiangqian Su, Yihong Sun, Min Tao, Liguo Tian, Desen Wan, Jianping Wang, Guiying Wang, Guiyu Wang, Haijiang Wang, Jianhua Wang, Lei Wang, Xin Wang, Yajie Wang, Yi Wang, Ziqiang Wang, Ye Wei, Dong Wei, Feng Xia, Jianguo Xia, Lijian Xia, Baocai Xing, Bin Xiong, Jianming Xu, Nong Xu, Ruihua Xu, Ye Xu, Zekuan Xu, Zhongfa Xu, Shujun Yang, Hongwei Yao, Yingjiang Ye, Peiwu Yu, Ying Yuan, Jun Zhang, Keliang Zhang, Wei Zhang, Xiaotian Zhang, Yanqiao Zhang, Youcheng Zhang, Zhen Zhang, Qingchuan Zhao, Ren Zhao, Shu Zheng, Aiping Zhou, Jian Zhou, Zongguang Zhou.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The author(s) declare that they have no competing interests.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- Cervantes A, Rosello S, Rodriguez-Braun E, Navarro S, Campos S, Hernandez A, Garcia-Granero E (2008) Progress in the multidisciplinary treatment of gastrointestinal cancer and the impact on clinical practice: perioperative management of rectal cancer. Ann Oncol 19(Suppl 7):vii266–vii272. https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdn438 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Coenegrachts K, De Geeter F, ter Beek L, Walgraeve N, Bipat S, Stoker J, Rigauts H (2009) Comparison of MRI (including SS SE-EPI and SPIO-enhanced MRI) and FDG-PET/CT for the detection of colorectal liver metastases. Eur Radiol 19:370–379. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-008-1163-y CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Falcone A et al (2007) Phase III trial of infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, oxaliplatin, and irinotecan (FOLFOXIRI) compared with infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer: the Gruppo Oncologico Nord Ovest. J Clin Oncol 25:1670–1676. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2006.09.0928 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Okines A, Puerto OD, Cunningham D, Chau I, Van Cutsem E, Saltz L, Cassidy J (2009) Surgery with curative-intent in patients treated with first-line chemotherapy plus bevacizumab for metastatic colorectal cancer First BEAT and the randomised phase-III NO16966 trial. Br J Cancer 101:1033–1038. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6605259 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- Rex DK et al (2006) Guidelines for colonoscopy surveillance after cancer resection: a consensus update by the American Cancer Society and US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer CA: a cancer. J Clin 56:160–167 (quiz 185–166) Google Scholar
- Roxburgh CS, Richards CH, Moug SJ, Foulis AK, McMillan DC, Horgan PG (2012) Determinants of short- and long-term outcome in patients undergoing simultaneous resection of colorectal cancer and synchronous colorectal liver metastases. Int J Colorectal Dis 27:363–369. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00384-011-1339-9 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Torres OJ, Moraes-Junior JM, Lima e Lima NC, Moraes AM (2012) Associating liver partition and portal vein ligation for staged hepatectomy (ALPPS): a new approach in liver resections. Braz Arch Dig Surg 25:290–292Google Scholar
- Xu J et al (2007) Preoperative hepatic and regional arterial chemotherapy in the prevention of liver metastasis after colorectal cancer surgery. Ann Surg 245:583–590. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.sla.0000250453.34507.d3 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- Xu RH et al (2018) Modified XELIRI (capecitabine plus irinotecan) versus FOLFIRI (leucovorin, fluorouracil, and irinotecan), both either with or without bevacizumab, as second-line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer (AXEPT): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, non-inferiority, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol 19:660–671. https://doi.org/10.1016/s1470-2045(18)30140-2 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar