Enhancement of heat transfer in an unsteady rotating flow for the aqueous suspensions of single wall nanotubes under nonlinear thermal radiation: a numerical study
- 60 Downloads
The main objective of the present analysis is to study an enhancement of heat transfer in an unsteady rotating flow for the aqueous suspensions of single wall nanotubes under nonlinear thermal radiation. Appropriate transformations are implemented for the conversion of partial differential systems into a set of ordinary differential equations. The transformed expressions have been scrutinized through RKF-45 order method along with shooting technique. The impact of various pertinent parameters for the velocity and temperature fields are analyzed through graphs in detail. Also, the role of substantial parameters on the fiction factor and mass transportation rates is determined and conferred in depth through graphs. Our simulations established that the higher value of rotation rate parameter reduces the thickness of the momentum boundary layer thickness. Further, an unsteadiness parameter increases velocity and temperature profile decreases.
KeywordsUnsteady rotating flow Nonlinear thermal radiation Aqueous suspensions of carbon nanotubes
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.S.U.S. Choi, Enhancing thermal conductivity of fluids with nanoparticle. In: D.A. Siginer, H.P. Wang (Eds.), Developments and applications of non-Newtonian flows, The ASME New York, FED Vol. 231/MD Vol. 66 (1995) 99–105Google Scholar
- 2.H. asuda, A. Ebata, K. Teramae and N. Hishinuma (1993) Alteration of thermal conductivity and viscosity of liquid by dispersing ultra-fine particles, T. Netsu. Bussei, 7 227–233Google Scholar
- 6.Kumar KG, Rudraswamy NG, Gireesha BJ, Krishnamurthy MR (2017) Influence of nonlinear thermal radiation and viscous dissipation on three-dimensional flow of Jeffrey nanofluid over a stretching sheet in the presence of Joule heating. Nonlinear Engineering 6(3):207–219Google Scholar
- 7.Kumar KG, Ramesh GK, Gireesha BJ, Gorla RSR (2017) Characteristics of Joule heating and viscous dissipation on three-dimensional flow of Oldroyd B nanofluid with thermal radiation. Alex Eng J. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2017.06.06.006
- 14.Kumar KG, Gireesha BJ, Manjunatha S, Rudraswamy NG (2017) Effect of nonlinear thermal radiation on double-diffusive mixed convection boundary layer flow of viscoelastic nanofluid over a stretching sheet. IJMME 12(1):18Google Scholar
- 15.Kumar KG, Gireesha BJ, Gorla RSR (2018) Flow and heat transfer of dusty hyperbolic tangent fluid over a stretching sheet in the presence of thermal radiation and magnetic field. IJMME 13(1):2Google Scholar