Active laser medium for near-infrared spectral range based on electron-unsymmetrical polymethine dye and silver nanoparticles
- 21 Downloads
An effect of silver nanoparticles (Ag NPs) on spectral luminescent and lasing properties of an electron-unsymmetrical polymethine dye in ethanol solution has been studied. Fluorescence of the dye is characterized by a large Stokes shift of 3007 cm−1 and a quantum yield Φf of 0.08. An increase in the absorption cross section and in the fluorescence quantum yield of the dye molecules is observed in the presence of Ag NPs. The dye fluorescence lifetime of 1.11 ns remains unchanged after the addition of Ag NPs to the solution. Stimulated emission with spectrally pronounced two-mode oscillations has been obtained for the dye in the region of its fluorescence band maximum. A stimulated emission threshold is achieved on the average at 3.35 MW/cm2. The presence of Ag NPs leads to the enhanced intensity and 28% lowered threshold of dye stimulated emission. The data obtained can be used to develop new near-infrared lasing media.
This work was supported by the Committee of Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic Kazakhstan (Grant No. BR05236691).
- 1.A.A. Ishchenko, Russian. Chem. Rev. 608, 865 (1991)Google Scholar
- 13.Y.F. Chou Chau, C.T. Chou Chao, H.J. Huang, Y.C. Wang, H.P. Chiang, M.N.S.M. Idris, Z. Masri, C.M. Lim, Res. Phys. 13, 102290 (2019)Google Scholar
- 30.A. Kobayashi, Absolute Measurements of Photoluminescence Quantum Yields of Organic Compounds Using an Integrating Sphere (Gunma University, Japan, 2010)Google Scholar
- 31.S. Schlücker (ed.), Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy: Analytical, Biophysical and Life Science Applicationsy (Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Germany, 2011)Google Scholar
- 32.SPCImage. SPCImage3.9.4. Data Analysis for Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging Microscopy (Becker & Hickle, GmbH, Germany, 2012)Google Scholar
- 33.S.M. Kopylov, B.G. Lysoy, S.L. Seregin, O.B. Cherednichenko, Tunable dye lasers and their application (Radio and communication, Moscow, 1991) [in Russian] Google Scholar
- 34.O. Svelto, in Principles of Lasers, 4 th edn., trans. and ed. by D.C. Hanna (Plenum, New York, 1998)Google Scholar
- 35.V.A. Rabinovich, Ya. Khavin, Concise Handbook of Chemistry (Khimiya, Leningrad, 1978). [in Russian] Google Scholar