Diode-pumped Yb:KGW laser with 73 fs pulse and 0.72 MW peak power based on Kerr-lens mode locking
- 26 Downloads
We have demonstrated a high-power Kerr-lens mode-locked Yb:KGW oscillator with an additional Kerr medium pumped by a high-brightness fiber-coupled diode laser. Operated at the repetition rate of 75.5 MHz, the laser delivers 73 fs pulse duration with average output power of 4.05 W, and the corresponding pulse energy is 53 nJ and the peak power is 0.72 MW, respectively. The output power is recorded to be stable with a fluctuation of less than 0.65% rms within 0.5 h. This work is promising for a variety of applications in nonlinear frequency conversion and high-energy amplifiers.
We are grateful for the funding provided by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 11504433, 11775312).
- 5.M. Kowalczyk, A. Major, J. Sotor, Opt. Express 22, 25 (2017)Google Scholar
- 17.J. Zhang, J. Brons, N. Lilienfein, E. Fedulova, V. Pervak, D. Bauer, D. Sutter, Z. Wei, A. Apolonski, O. Pronin, F. Krausz, Opt. Lett. 40, 8 (2015)Google Scholar
- 18.H. Zhao, A. Major, Opt. Express 21, 26 (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.F. Saltarelli, I.J. Graumann, L. Lang, D. Bauer, C.R. Phillips, U. Keller. In: Conference on lasers and electro-optics (CLEO). IEEE, pp 1–2 (2019)Google Scholar
- 28.J. Ma, J. Wang, D. Shen, H. Yu, H. Zhang, D. Tang, Opt. Express 23, 25 (2015)Google Scholar