Pump- and temperature-induced repetition frequency response study in hybrid mode-locked erbium fiber laser with distributed polarizer
- 20 Downloads
We report a study on pump- and temperature-induced repetition frequency response in hybrid mode-locked stretched-pulse erbium fiber laser with distributed polarizer. For the first time to the best of our knowledge, we have shown frequency-dependent loss (FDL) contribution to pump-induced repetition frequency response behavior. FDL originates from wavelength-dependent saturation of nonlinear polarization evolution (NPE) mechanism which is inherent to stretched-pulse regime of operation. We have proposed an analytical model adequately describing NPE influence on pump-induced repetition frequency response. As it is observed, NPE-induced contribution substantially dominates over other physical perturbations leading to strictly different pump-induced repetition frequency response behavior compared to erbium fiber soliton laser.
The Authors are grateful to S. G. Sazonkin from Bauman Moscow State Technical University for the help in Erbium fiber laser development and its characteristics measurement also with A. K. Senatorov from Fiber Optics Research Center of the RAS for fibers GVD measurement. Authors also thank V. A. Lazarev and D. A. Shelestov from Bauman Moscow State Technical University for fruitful discussions and technical support. SOL acknowledge the RFBR, according to the research project No. 16-38-60147 mol_a_dk for the support of the experimental measurements. VSV and AAK acknowledge the Russian Science Foundation (Project No. 16-19-10694) for the support of theoretical research.
- 14.A.A. Krylov, S.G. Sazonkin, V.A. Lazarev, D.A. Dvoretskiy, S.O. Leonov, A.B. Pnev, V.E. Karasik, V.V. Grebenyukov, A.S. Pozharov, E.D. Obraztsova, E.M. Dianov, Ultra-short pulse generation in the hybridly mode-locked erbium-doped all-fiber ring laser with a distributed polarizer. Laser Phys. Lett. 12, 065001 (2015)ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.A.A. Krylov, S.G. Sazonkin, N.R. Arutyunyan, V.V. Grebenyukov, A.S. Pozharov, D.A. Dvoretskiy, E.D. Obraztsova, E.M. Dianov, Performance peculiarities of carbon-nanotube-based thin-film saturable absorbers for erbium fiber laser mode-locking. J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 33, 134–142 (2016)ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.S. Chang, C.-C. Hsu, T.-H. Huang, W.-C. Chuang, Y.-S. Tsai, J.-Y. Shieh, C.-Y. Leung, Heterodyne interferometric measurement of the thermo-optic coefficient of single mode fiber. Chin. J. Phys. 38, 437–443 (2000)Google Scholar
- 21.Corning smf-28e+ optical fiber product information, (2018)Google Scholar
- 22.V. Lazarev, A. Krylov, D. Dvoretskiy, S. Sazonkin, A. Pnev, S. Leonov, D. Shelestov, M. Tarabrin, V. Karasik, A. Kireev, M. Gubin, Stable similariton generation in an all-fiber hybrid mode-locked ring laser for frequency metrology. IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelectr. Freq. Control 63, 1028–1033 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 27.M.E. Fermann, A. Galvanauskas, G. Sucha, Ultrafast lasers: technology and applications (Marcel Dekker, New York, 2001)Google Scholar