A frequency-modulated-continuous-wave laser detection system based on the four-quadrant photodetector
- 34 Downloads
A frequency-modulated-continuous-wave (FMCW) laser detection system based on the four-quadrant photodetector was presented in this paper. The cross-power-spectral-density (CPSD) algorithm was introduced to remove the incoherent noise in the four-quadrant signal spectrums. Some traditional denoising methods, including the empirical mode decomposition direct wavelet thresholding method, EMD interval thresholding method, correlation-based EMD partial reconstruction, fast Fourier transform and wavelet transformation, were investigated to provide a comparison with the CPSD algorithm. Both the simulation and experiment results show a superior performance of the four-quadrant detection system using CPSD algorithm. A better signal-to-noise ratio of the target echo to smoke interference was obviously increased to 6.3 dB under the smoke interference conditions. The relative error of this detection system was reduced from 7.36 to 1.36\(\%\), and its absolute error was less than 0.15 m. Therefore, this study was helpful in improving anti-interference ability of FMCW laser detection system.
This work is supported by the General Amrmament Department Key Program of China (Grant No. 5130502103). We are grateful for the experimental conditions and essay polishing help from Professor Li and Dr. Duan.
- 10.W.G. Ho, R. Gharpurey, IEEE Int. Symp. Circuits Syst. IEEE 19, 2197–2200 (2011)Google Scholar
- 19.Y. Kopsinis, S. Mclaughlin, in 1st IAPR International Workshop on Cognitive Information Processing, CIP, 2008Google Scholar
- 20.Y. Kopsinis, S. Mclaughlin, in Proceedings of the 16th European Signal Processing Conference, EUSIPCO, 2008Google Scholar
- 23.D.W. Illig, A. Laux, R.W. Lee, W.D. Jemison, L.J. Mullen, in SPIE Proceedings of Ocean Sensing and Monitoring VII, 94590B, ed. by W.W. Hou, R.A. Arnone. FMCW optical ranging technique in turbid waters, vol 9459 (2015)Google Scholar
- 28.H.C. Van de Hulst, V. Twersky, Light Scattering by Small Particles (Wiley Press, New York, 1957)Google Scholar